Katya Basova

DVDMDVDM Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited June 25, 2008 in People
317844629_sjuVe-X3.jpg

Hello dgrinners ! That's my studio photo. Taken by Nikon D200 and Nikkor 24-85. One studio flash used ( the second one was overheated :D)
Converted with Captude NX and processed with PS.
Thanx

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    WOW.............Fantastic shot!!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    I like the idea, composition and sharpness. Have some ideas for you, though: Should have either allowed that second light to cool and then placed it to scene left and used it as fill - or used a reflector - to better define her hair, backside and legs. Her feet have disappeared into the shadows and her shoes, making it look like she's standing on pegs. Then, pull the rope on the floor a bit more to scene left so that it doesn't hide her right foot. Personally the burned out rope doesn't bother me, but burn in her left hand.

Use a slightly shallower depth of field to avoid the texture of the background paper. Also, I like how the light on the paper follows the rope out of scene. That's nice. thumb.gif

I love the concept and the pin-up style. She's a knock-out model with great expressions and a lovely retro look! It's a beautiful picture, and will be a fantastic one when you seperate her from the background.

All in all, considering this was done with only one light, it came out great! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Very nice. especially the style of the shot.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Pretty cool!thumb.gif Удачи! (=good luck)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Cool shot!! clap.gif ... so you want to tell me my D200 could do the same??? headscratch.gif haha ...
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Beautifully executed. Love the light, color and bg. The rope with that pose are great.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • DVDMDVDM Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    WOW.............Fantastic shot!!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Thank you very much ! And... you was the first to comment my photo at SmugMug !!! clap.gif
    edited June 25, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I like the idea, composition and sharpness. Have some ideas for you, though: Should have either allowed that second light to cool and then placed it to scene left and used it as fill - or used a reflector - to better define her hair, backside and legs. Her feet have disappeared into the shadows and her shoes, making it look like she's standing on pegs. Then, pull the rope on the floor a bit more to scene left so that it doesn't hide her right foot. Personally the burned out rope doesn't bother me, but burn in her left hand.

Use a slightly shallower depth of field to avoid the texture of the background paper. Also, I like how the light on the paper follows the rope out of scene. That's nice. thumb.gif

I love the concept and the pin-up style. She's a knock-out model with great expressions and a lovely retro look! It's a beautiful picture, and will be a fantastic one when you seperate her from the background.

All in all, considering this was done with only one light, it came out great! thumb.gif

Thank you for your point of view ! Will try to satisfy you in next posts nod.gif
    edited June 25, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Very nice. especially the style of the shot.

Thank you !
    edited June 25, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Pretty cool!thumb.gif Удачи! (=good luck)

Thank you ! Спасибо большое =)
    edited June 25, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Cool shot!! clap.gif ... so you want to tell me my D200 could do the same??? headscratch.gif haha ...

Hey, you already have great shots at your www ! And yes, D200 is very good camera thumb.gif
    edited June 25, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Beautifully executed. Love the light, color and bg. The rope with that pose are great.

Thank you very much !
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Great shot. I like the "pin-up girl" look to the photo and model. Excellent lighting too!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
    edited June 25, 2008
    tlee wrote:
    Great shot. I like the "pin-up girl" look to the photo and model. Excellent lighting too!

Thank you, I like pin-up too and try to shoot it regulary =)
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    DVDM wrote:
    Thank you for your point of view ! Will try to satisfy you in next posts nod.gif

Only two people need to be satisfied: yourself and your client. I see great images from you coming soon! Keep it up, DVDM! You're off to a great start! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Only two people need to be satisfied: yourself and your client. I see great images from you coming soon! Keep it up, DVDM! You're off to a great start! thumb.gif

Well, not to be an instigator.....take a look at his website....some of the most inspiring studio portraits I've seen in a long time...he's incredibly gifted.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552