Help to insert image

Steve LearSteve Lear Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited April 5, 2004 in Technique
Hi guys, I'm new to the game, I love the site and would like to post one or two shots.
Can someone explain slowly how I insert an image stored in 'my pictures' in XP.
And can I post a TIFF 1504 by 1000?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2004
    Steve Lear wrote:
    Hi guys, I'm new to the game, I love the site and would like to post one or two shots.

Hi Steve, Welcome to the site!!

Glad to hear you have shots to post. I have to run to work for a while but if no one else helps you out with this I will later. Tiff files are very large not applicable for the web.. you'll need to convert your picture to a jpg.. don't panic, easy to do..

will get back to you later :D
    Lynn
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited April 5, 2004
    Steve Lear wrote:

Lynn is correct that jpgs are the preferred fodder here - Max dimension 800pixels by 600 pixels - The details of the process are here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92

We look forward to seeing your images - if you save them as tiffs you must be proud of your pictures and want to keep them the very best way. Like psd files, they are higher quality than jpgs, but they do take up a lot more room and bandwidth. Irfanview is a convenient shareware program to shift tiffs to jpgs and resize them at the same time.

The most convenient way is to store your images in your own smugmug account and link them to dgrin and let smugmug do the resizing. I am lazy so that is what I do. Laughing.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin