Options

Smugmug Freezing

GwagDesignsGwagDesigns Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited June 25, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I currently run a relatively fast computer, Firefox 3, and have the the same problem with Firefox 2, which is:

I go to make a new gallery, input the title, all that, when i hit the create gallery button, internet goes to load the next page, and Firefox freezes.

anyone else have this problem?
[7D] - [30D] - [GF1] - 70-200f4L | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 105 | Sigma 18-50
www.GwagDesigns.com | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 25, 2008
    Hello,
    I have seen this before too. I do color corrections and wind up creating quite a few galleries. I usually see this after I have created a couple of galleries and uploaded photos to them. When trying to create the 3rd or 4th gallery, my FF 2, freezes like you mention. The progeress bar gets stuck about 2/3 of the way through, I have to close FF and re-start it (not restore session), to get it to work again. II am using a PC or boot-camped Mac

One of our engineers suggests updating your java and seeing if this corrects the problem. I will try this at my end too and let you know :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    I have been having the exact same problem with my computer running Vista. I had just resorted to using IE to upload images because firefox flipped out everytime I used it. I will try the java update recommendation as well.