Options

Nice frames etc. in iPhoto 08

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited June 25, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd share something here which may or may not be of interest to some of you (how politicially correct was that eh :rofl)

OK here goes..

I wanted to put some photos into 8" X 10" frames but can only buy A4 sized photo paper here in Switzerland

... if you're thinking "ok I don't have 8" X 10" frames or can buy the paper I'll ignore this - read on - it's not just about the paper - it was the nice result...

OK so I wanted to print the photos with some sort of border - was thinking just white to cut it out to 8" x 10" size but then got a nice surprise in iPhoto

I clicked on the customize button and was then able to put borders (themes) and also multiple borders and change the background colour to something nicely matched with major colour in my photo. Likewise the inner border. Then it was possible to put a small bit of text under the photo if so desired too.

Then I printed on A4 photo paper, cut down the edges and a tiny bit off the top and bottoms and voila! All in all the result turned out REALLY pleasing! Well I find it so anyway.

Here's what I ended up with (excuse quality of the jpg - it was just to show you more or less the design - not the quality - naturally it printed a lot nicer :D):
LagunaBeachPhotoFramed.jpg

Anyway - play around a little and you might find a combination you like too :ivar

Cheers, Jase