Options

travel to wisconsen and minnesota

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited February 1, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
i plan on taking my canon eos 30d to wisconsen and minnesota.my brother will take a digital point and shoot camera.can anyone recomend any nice areas for landscape photography and any particular camera lenses?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    wisconsen/minnesota
    this may not be a whole lot more specific.how about northern minnesota and northern wisconsen.include wisconsen dells.
  • Options
    rokklymrokklym Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    What areas of the states are you visiting? There are alot of great things to see around here! Take a look at Jims smugmug http://klasjm.smugmug.com/
    He sure has some fantastic photos form all over Wisconsin.
    www.lonewolfstudios.us
    Olympus E3 w HLD4, E520, E510 11-22mm, 50-200mm,35mm macro, 14-42mm, 40-150, FL50R & FL36R
    http://rokklym.smugmug.com/
    We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life,to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment no matter what.
    - George Santayana, "The philosophy of travel"
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Northern MN along Lake Superior is full of great photo ops.

There are tons of waterfalls. Below, is the most famous one, Gooseberry Falls.
    99475753_XGXvb-L.jpg

Another icon is Split Rock Lighthouse
    100135759_uBu27-L.jpg

Duluth Harbor is nice. There's a lighthouse, the famous lift bridge and boats coming and going at all hours.
    113015241_zQVn4-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    narrowing down the minnesota-wisconsin trip
    i have narrowed down my trp plans to marinette county up to deluth,minnesota.i plan on shooting the series of falls near marinette county then driving up to grand maries.any good things to see there?
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I've traveled through deluth many many many times... Lots of great photography places. Thats a good choice for a location.
    Jer