Options

Fiery Red Headed Flower Girl & Ring Bearer (19 images)

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in Weddings
I love red heads... and their brothers...

One of the weddings I did last month had the cutest little flower girl and ring bearer. They were brother and sister. I can't remember their names but every time they saw me at the reception they would say.. " I know you!" and be so excited to see me. :dunno Must be my charm because I was introduced that same day just before I took these shots.
319328924_JZ4Yy-M.jpg

2. The fiery little redhead. (She was too! A couple of times her mom
told me how strong willed this little one is and what a relief her mild
mannered brother was when he was born.)
319326793_pedPK-L.jpg

3. He was plenty full of personality too- He had about 6 little flowers
that he had found just before our shoot and kept them all safe in his little
hand the whole time.
319322116_9PQP3-M.jpg
4. Those flowers are pretty exciting, aren't they!
319321819_chM5U-M.jpg

5. here he is holding those flowers... (what a doll he is!)
319330538_mSgzf-M.jpg

6. (still holding them, but so cute none-the-less.)
319332834_szfcV-M.jpg

7. I got him to let me hold the flowers (on the seat) and asked them if they wanted to show me how they could dance.
This was sooo cute to see in person and mighty fun to shoot and then process later. I know some of you are going to hate
the blurring on here but parents always buy those ones, so what can I say!?
319333932_FpPK2-M.jpg

8. more dancing...
319335150_TDT9V-M.jpg

9. And add some selective coloring + desat in there to make you even more
crazy... (going for the "yesteryears" look)
319336298_z8wMF-M.jpg

10. I think the dancing is what made them like me
because after that they always wanted to stop
"taking pictures" and start "dancing"!
319338926_vyrWY-M.jpg

11. Well then we were done dancing (because sister got her
crown bumped askew and thought the world was ending)
and we got some more shots of brother.
319321022_gGD7b-M.jpg

12. After the rehersal she got into a pout over something.
319522318_MjC9C-M.jpg

13. And when I said her name she looked up and the result
was beautiful.
319522514_6wQFT-M.jpg

14. And then, during the ceremony she got a little sleepy... (I love how she is still protecting the all important basket)
319638191_bwdpA-M.jpg

15. And then she completely fell asleep...
I considered joining her, but thought I had better not.
319646143_54q3p-M.jpg

16. The venue had this big glass handrail around the escalator, and it was pretty fun for the little ones to peek over.
319716810_BjhBu-M-1.jpg

17. Or through...319588072_YDmUS-M.jpg

18. What a happy little kid crew. I really enjoyed these kids
so much at this wedding.
319219670_HV8JV-M.jpg

Hope you enjoy! I did have some issues with the skin tones because their skin was very pink naturally, so if you have any pointers about that I would love to learn and soak in your abounding wisdom.

19. and one more for the road.
319323255_NVgQz-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DVDMDVDM Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    WOW ! Really love that pics ! I love make photos of children and your pics are just wonderful ! Waiting for more thumb.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    This is extremely weldone !!!!
    great set and processing is wonderful !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    #3, #4, and the dancing ones are absolutely fantastic clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Fabulous work Heather! Wonderful shots.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    I adore the dancing pics. The one where she's looking up into all the light below you is just perfect.
    All wonderful pics, I'm jealous!
  • Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    The dancing shots are fabulous!

But that poor girl! She'll never be able to go out in the sun with a complexion like that!
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    fire1035 wrote:

But that poor girl! She'll never be able to go out in the sun with a complexion like that!

Not true. We Irish are hearty. Our skin freckles in defiance of the golden b***ard in sky! gerg.gif :cavig
  • Options
    KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Those are WONDERFUL pictures!
    ~Katie~
    :barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    DVDM wrote:
    WOW ! Really love that pics ! I love make photos of children and your pics are just wonderful ! Waiting for more thumb.gif

thanks! I love children too! These were just especially adorable!
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    This is extremely weldone !!!!
    great set and processing is wonderful !

Love hearing that from you! Thanks Awais
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    #3, #4, and the dancing ones are absolutely fantastic clap.gif

#3&4 are fun aren't they... I have a bunch more in that series that are really fun- he was such a ham.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Fabulous work Heather! Wonderful shots.

Thanks! I like them too! Means a lot from someone with a fabulous portfolio!
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    I adore the dancing pics. The one where she's looking up into all the light below you is just perfect.
    All wonderful pics, I'm jealous!

Thanks! They are pretty precious! I have only just uploaded this wedding and am already getting requests for those ones.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    Not true. We Irish are hearty. Our skin freckles in defiance of the golden b***ard in sky! gerg.gif :cavig

As a fellow freckler, I must whine. But I freckle and burn, so it doesn't count. Maybe that is why I live where I do, lol.

But I wish I had the red hair to go with my fair skin. My DH always says that I am so fair I am almost blue. (not true, btw)
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    fire1035 wrote:

Thanks for the uber nice comment!
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Oh, these are wonderfully fabulous! So well done, Heather! Congratulations! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    As a fellow freckler, I must whine. But I freckle and burn, so it doesn't count. Maybe that is why I live where I do, lol.

But I wish I had the red hair to go with my fair skin. My DH always says that I am so fair I am almost blue. (not true, btw)

If you've got freckles there's red hair i nthere somewhere. It's hiding. If you're anything like me you flush and blush easy too. All my veins are quite easy to see and the skin at my wrists and elbows, knees etc are see through. When I take portraits of myself I have to blot them out. :cry

I used to burn. Want to know my secret? I don't go outside much. WHen I do, I wear a jacket and stand with my back to the sun. If jackets just aren't possible a good strong wter resistant spf of 30 to 45 is just right. I prefer the 30 because then I get a little color without the burn/peel/more!freckles/repeat. By the looks of your picture though, you didn't get attacked by angels in your sleep like I did. How awful is that to say to a little freckled girl? You have freckles because angles kiss you in your sleep. Each one is a seperate kiss. Sure, now that I'm older I see they were being nice but that crap will terrify a 4 year old.eek7.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    WOW!!! Those are awesome!!!!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    These are just fantastic. I can't figure out how you got so much time to shoot them! My last THREE weddings, the flower girls have been little drama queens, all pouty and not wanting to go down the aisle, not wanting to participate in photos, their moms making things worse, brides getting upset, etc.

These are so wonderful, its like a whole portrait session with the two of them. I am so jealous they were so cooperative! The dancing is just too cute.

way to go!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    I have freckles, mostly blonde hair (my Scottish side were Vikings), with some red mixed in for good measure. But I burn horribly every time I go outside. The sun hates me. :cry My Irish side stems from the surnames, Linehan, Breen, Reardon, and a few others. My poor 2 year old is in the same boat as I, thank God for SPF 50!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    What an adorable set of photos!!! The dancing pics are soooo cute and the little bit of blur just adds motion to the shot. Nicest set of kid photos I've seen for quite a while. So..........did you have time to shoot the bride and groom??? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    What an adorable set of photos!!! The dancing pics are soooo cute and the little bit of blur just adds motion to the shot. Nicest set of kid photos I've seen for quite a while. So..........did you have time to shoot the bride and groom??? rolleyes1.gif

Haha..those are the bride & groom...15 years from now rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    saurora wrote:

Plenty of time. I got some fabulous shots of them too. Maybe tomorrow I'll take the time to share them with you....
    All told, I only spent about 10 minutes with these two and then the rest were snags from during reception and other things. It was a nice wedding.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    By the looks of your picture though, you didn't get attacked by angels in your sleep like I did.eek7.gif
    Actually in the summer I am quite freckley.... The avitar picture was taken in January after months of a lot of darkness up here. I always crack up every summer because on my cheek bone I get a lovely set of freckles in the shape of the big dipper (which is also the Alaska State flagrolleyes1.gif ) I am quite freckley right now- with all the yard work I have been doing, and patriotic for my state, I guess. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Haha..those are the bride & groom...15 years from now rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Maybe not... they are siblings! Laughing.gif
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    These are just fantastic. I can't figure out how you got so much time to shoot them! My last THREE weddings, the flower girls have been little drama queens, all pouty and not wanting to go down the aisle, not wanting to participate in photos, their moms making things worse, brides getting upset, etc.

These are so wonderful, its like a whole portrait session with the two of them. I am so jealous they were so cooperative! The dancing is just too cute.

way to go!!!

Scheduling! Scheduling! I always sit down with the b & g ahead of time and schedule every set- including who is in what and when they have to be ready and so on. I pass out copies before we even start shooting so everyone can be where they need to be when they do. It is extremely helpful. I keep on hearing that people are amazed to get time with the bride and groom alone- I write it into my contracts! That way I am sure to have some shots to please them and me too! And if at all possible I get most of the posed ones before the ceremony, so they can go to the reception as soon as possible. (I have been a guest at weddings before and I hate the wait) When they don't want to see each other before the ceremony, I just do all the things we can do seperatly (b & bmaids; g & gmen; b portraits; g portraits etc.) and then do the b & g; b & g & fam etc. inbetween- but I try to limit it to about 10 minutes then and get the b & g later for about 1/2 hour. It works, really, quite well.

welllll:whew that was my longest reply to date! Laughing.gif....
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Oh, these are wonderfully fabulous! So well done, Heather! Congratulations! clap.gif

And thank you to you! Thanks for the comment!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    These are all so wonderful, but I think #10 is the hands-down winner!clap.gif :ivar wings.gif
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    These are stunning.
    Jaye
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    I get a lovely set of freckles in the shape of the big dipper (which is also the Alaska State flagrolleyes1.gif ) mwink.gif
    Wow. My freckles aren't nearly patriotic enough!
    I do have a heart shaped freckle. Not freckles that form a heart... a mutant freckle under my eye [maybe it's two fused together?] my husband pokes it and says "love!" I do have the orion constellation on my back... but those are moles... ewwwww!