And this is me

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited June 27, 2008 in People
319757025_TL4xV-L.jpg

Nifty fifty is good lens but i am still not able to get sharp focus and it has no warranty. thinking to upgrade to 50mm 1.4
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    I normally really like your shots, but the watermark/big X is WAY too much.

Is the "X" part of the shot? Wires or something? Either way it's very difficult to look at.

JMO
    Gene
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Amazing! You look like YOU! But cuter in a little boy sort of way. Is there another shutterbug at your house that took this long ago?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    kini62 wrote:

Is the "X" part of the shot? Wires or something? Either way it's very difficult to look at.

JMO
    Gene

rolleyes1.gifI agree That X is way too much i will make something proper

thanks mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Awais...are your birthday's going backwards? rolleyes1.gif Nice looking young lad! Love the processing.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited June 25, 2008
    Amazing! You look like YOU! But cuter in a little boy sort of way. Is there another shutterbug at your house that took this long ago?

I am the only Shutterbug around me eek7.gif
    Actually kid was washing windscreens of the car and was looking his reflection very strangely so i shot it.

My Gallery
    edited June 25, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Awais...are your birthday's going backwards? rolleyes1.gif Nice looking young lad! Love the processing.

headscratch.gif
    I think caption confused you "And this is me" are not my words. This is what i percieved from the moment when kid was looking at his reflection on windscreen. There are lots of poor kids like him doing this around to earn living s
    thanks for looking thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    kini62 wrote:

JMO
    Gene

Coming from someone that has had images stolen recently.....I think people can look past a watermark. Mine is usually quite large across the bottom. The second time it was illegally posted on a site, they had cropped the image to remove my mark.

They should be receiving a letter from PPA's copyright defense department any day now. And my watermark will be staying fairly obtrusive....isn't that kind of the point?

Beautiful shot Awais......as always!
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    This is, as always, a very thought provoking shot.

As for the sharpness of the f/1.8 - I've read that it doesn't really shine until you stop it down a stop or two. According to the EXIF, your shot was made at f/2.8. Even so, I think this image, at least at the sizes available to us appears to be nicely sharp.

I used to have one of these and I found that the AF was not terribly reliable. When I was able to take multiple shots of the same subject, refocusing between exposures, I was usually able to get some really sharp images.

But, the f/1.4 is an all-around nicer lens to use.
    edited June 26, 2008
    Hi Scott thanks for stopping here
    Here is crop of the image. Usually when shooting in streets i forget to review image on LCD and shooting the subject again and agains haunts the subject. Can fix exposure issue in PS but focus issue is becoming horrific. My next purchase will be 1.4 50mm i hope it wont back focus mwink.gif
    320296103_qodDf-O.jpg

My Gallery
    edited June 26, 2008
    Here is crop of the image. Usually when shooting in streets i forget to review image on LCD and shooting the subject again and agains haunts the subject. Can fix exposure issue in PS but focus issue is becoming horrific. My next purchase will be 1.4 50mm i hope it wont back focus mwink.gif
    Yep - I can see what you mean there. That's got to be so frustrating. I also hope that your 1.4 doesn't back-focus on you.

Just a thought. It might not be the lens. Have you tested focus with your other lens to be sure that your camera isn't mis-calibrated?
    edited June 26, 2008
    Yep - I can see what you mean there. That's got to be so frustrating. I also hope that your 1.4 doesn't back-focus on you.

Just a thought. It might not be the lens. Have you tested focus with your other lens to be sure that your camera isn't mis-calibrated?

Everything seems ok when i use Kit lens headscratch.gif i hope that is not so otherwise i am gone becauce my 400D also don't have warrenty eek7.gif

My Gallery
    edited June 27, 2008
    Everything seems ok when i use Kit lens headscratch.gif i hope that is not so otherwise i am gone becauce my 400D also don't have warrenty eek7.gif
    If everything looks good with the other lens, then it's almost certainly not the camera that has the focusing issue. I suspect replacing the 50 f/1.8 with the f/1.4 will correct your issues. I sure hope so!
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    I think the image is great,
    I also don't think the softness hurts the image.
    edited June 27, 2008
    If everything looks good with the other lens, then it's almost certainly not the camera that has the focusing issue. I suspect replacing the 50 f/1.8 with the f/1.4 will correct your issues. I sure hope so!

Yes i remember i used 17-85 of my friend and results were nice and well focused. Anyway i am not in rush will upgrade when time comes:D. But i found 50mm range perfect

My Gallery
    edited June 27, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    I think the image is great,
    I also don't think the softness hurts the image.

thank you i am glad you liked it
    regards

My Gallery