"Pit lane"

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in Sports
I went to a KTM test ride day couple of weeks ago and managed a couple of really quick snaps (was chasing around kids etc. and eager to get some food and go and test ride the bikes :D )

Got home and went through the mostly crap photos but decided to start playing with one or two and found out there was a photo contest for the day so sent in these two photos

This one I took a lot of the colours out and just kept the red/orange.
AlpnachPitLane.jpg

This one is HDR combination of 3 shots - you can tell cos the flag has moved (cest la vie! at least I managed to get the sky and bikes exposed ok). I tried to keep it subtle as I saw it and not go OTT as I don't think that would have helped in the competition.
OrangeCrush.jpg

Anyway comments etc. always welcome - I was pretty happy that I managed to salvage these two photos out of what was really just a mess of... well just a mess :rolleyes

Cheers, Jase

p.s. yeah I know about the noise in the sky and clouds - but I was shooting real quick and think I didn't expose for the mids correct so ended up having to post process it a bit... again at least I got something out of the day :)

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    i think you did great. Many people would have chosen other views..

But shooting the way you did..My opinion this is KTM! rough raw and NOT like any other manufacturer.

bad A#"" photos and i wish you the best. And by the way..Their new crouch rockets is just a killer...SO on my I WANT ONE RIGHT NOW list.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 25, 2008
    My local dealer is getting an RC8 for "demo" purposes lol3.gif See ya!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Thanks for checking out the photos - I tried to get some different angles and tried to avoid just getting standard bike pictures - look here's a bike in the middle of the frame - booooorrring.....

I ended up riding the 990 supermoto and the 690 supermoto

690 supermoto - was la la - not really impressed - a bit of a pig to ride

990 supermoto... well what can i say!?

I WANT ONE!!! clap.gif

It was AWESOME!!!!

wheelies on the throttle, can move around all over it, throw it around - felt fan-bloody-tastic!

they were letting us have the bikes for an hour at a time and up to 3 bikes - way to go KTM! wings.gif

I didn't test the RC8 as - although there were like 30 or so there - I know if I get one i won't ever ride slow and I'll do my license in a month - reason I sold my Aprilia RSV Mille.

but 990 supermoto - ok well 50% of the test ride i was like double the limit rolleyes1.gif but oh man it was just soooo nice

Gotta sell the R1150GS now....
    edited June 26, 2008
    I have both an Adventure and 950SM. I don't know we'll see the 990SM in the
    states anytime soon--but the 9-fiddy is a hooligan machine :D
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    ian408 wrote:

I've ridden the 990 superduke and the 990 Adventure too - and yeah the 990SM is deffo a hooligan machine mwink.gif

I seem to remember that the original ads were of wheelies and powersliding etc. and that KTM had to take them down cos it was promoting well "inconsiderate riding" rolleyes1.gif
  • 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    ian408 wrote:

And here I thought my buddy, would be the only one silly enough to own TWO 950's.mwink.gif He too has an Adv and a SM.
    edited June 26, 2008
    2whlrcr wrote:
    And here I thought my buddy, would be the only one silly enough to own TWO 950's.mwink.gif He too has an Adv and a SM.
    Nah, the otherAdventure of the 1200 variety.