Options

Don't you just want one?

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
264356540_yUw6Z-XL.jpg

264359709_tpXGR-XL.jpg

264363324_Sw97V-XL.jpg

264363761_2sWkj-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 25, 2008
    Ferrari GTO = one of the most beautiful cars ever. That car #112 is gorgeous (a 62ish 250?)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    Hi Erik....

You're right. Car # 112 is a 1962 GTO ( 3445GT ). I agree, it's one of the most beautiful cars ever produced. This car was stunning " in person ".
    The # 12 car was extremely interesting. It is a "one-off " car and is actually the prototype/test-bed mule for the GTO's that followed. It is one of the rarest of all Ferrari's.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    A very impressive set there, Tom! Great work as always! thumb.gif

I was at the Beverly Hills Concourse d'Elegance on Father's Day and there was a similar one in red at the entrance. It was one that'd won a few races. Current value; a mere $25 (million!)

Pocket change! rolleyes1.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    Hi Lee...

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. As you may know, only 39 GTO's were ever produced. Most of those have some sort of racing pedigree. As you would imagine, when one becomes available, BIG dollars start flowing.

Tom
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 26, 2008
    I had the pleasure of seeing Ralph Lauren's 250 GTO in Boston a few years ago. It was the show stealer, at least for me.

21568271_M7pmR-S.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]