Options

Some hack in my acct useing RSS FEED

RLipp69RLipp69 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited June 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
does any one know how to block a rss feed.Someone is getting in my site witch is password protected and are downloading pictures.Went to stattracker and the guy googled my site looking for a RSS Feed.Any help with this would be great.

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    RLipp69 wrote:
    does any one know how to block a rss feed.Someone is getting in my site witch is password protected and are downloading pictures.Went to stattracker and the guy googled my site looking for a RSS Feed.Any help with this would be great.
    If you have your site passworded, the feeds shouldn't work. I just tested on one of my sites and all I had was a dead link.

Could you email the details to the help desk, we'll take a look for you: http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    I guess this brings up another question. I've not been keeping up on the whole RSS thing since I don't use it...but could what was described happening to the person making this post happen to everyone else (photos somehow being copied/snatched) for a non-password protected gallery? I mean, even galleries that are "right-click" protected with "external links allowed?" turned off? Guess I'd just like a little more info on what's happening with RSS and photos being copied and how it happens...so I can avoid that myself if possible.

Thanks
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    RLipp69 wrote:
    does any one know how to block a rss feed.

You can't. I've asked for that option a couple times, as well as blocking the iPhone interface since it ignores all of my CSS customization.

The general impression I've gotten is that SM isn't interested in giving us these as separate options. If you want your site blocked from RSS and iPhone the only option is to password protect it. rolleyes1.gif
    RLipp69 wrote:
    Someone is getting in my site witch is password protected and are downloading pictures.Went to stattracker and the guy googled my site looking for a RSS Feed.Any help with this would be great.

If your entire site is password protected that shouldn't be possible, unless he has the password to view your site (or worse, your login info).
  • Options
    HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Yeah, first thing I would do if I suspect my account is hacked is change the pw to something TOTALLY strange and see if that helps.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    This is happening on my sub catagories with password protection like wedding photos and family photos.HELP!!
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    RLipp69 wrote:
    This is happening on my sub catagories with password protection like wedding photos and family photos.HELP!!

Did you respond to Rich's post asking for more info to be sent to the help desk ? Is Smugmug investigating this ? I am interested to hear the outcome of this so please keep us posted, thx.
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2008
    caroline wrote:
    Did you respond to Rich's post asking for more info to be sent to the help desk ? Is Smugmug investigating this ? I am interested to hear the outcome of this so please keep us posted, thx.
    Caroline
    I sent the help desk a email we will have to wait and see what happens