Options

How to price child-shot of a celebrity?

drcarldrcarl Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in SmugMug Support
<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]-->320489085_9jZLA-M.jpg

What’s it worth? (--besides the "whatever you can get for it" answer--lol)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
How do I put a price on a child-shot of a celebrity….and what shall I do with this print? Ideas?<o:p></o:p>
Mom was cleaning her barn and gave me an old damaged print of Sally Field that she doesn’t want. <o:p></o:p>
320488564_Fjkrr-Ti.jpgBefore marrying my mom, my Western Star/Tarzan/Stuntman step-dad of 30 years, Jock O’Mahoney, was married to Maggie Field. Maggie had a young daughter, Sally Field, from a previous marriage who Jocko adopted when they married. Later, living in <st1:place><st1:city>Tarzana</st1:city>, <st1:state>California</st1:state></st1:place>, Jocko built a waterfall in his back yard. The shot I have was taken by Jocko of Sally in/by the waterfall.<o:p></o:p>
The 15.5” x 14” color print has had some water damage and I’m sure the color has shifted. <o:p></o:p>
I was thinking of putting it up on e-bay, and now have run across a friend/fan who wants it. I wonder what it’s worth? How shall I put a price on it?<o:p></o:p>
I’m confident that there must be some dgrinners here who can give me some feedback on this. (Is there a better forum for this?)<o:p></o:p>

Here is a link to a couple more shots of this shot.
TIA<o:p></o:p>
Dr Carl <o:p></o:p>
Questions<o:p></o:p>
1) What is this print worth?<o:p></o:p>
2) Should I shoot it digitally and ‘restore’ it in Photoshop?<o:p></o:p>
3) Is there a technique for restoring the actual print?

<o:p></o:p>