Options

My first HDR

photosbyDanphotosbyDan Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited June 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So I have been seeing so much HDR lately I downloaded photomatix and gave it a whirl. I know there is a way to do HDR where they still look realistic, but to me these kind of look fantasy. I think it would be neat to do a series of obviously fantasy images. I am going to work on it.:ivar

320425385_fBdfe-XL.jpg

311614957_xUx2K-XL-2.jpg

311610852_oGVTR-XL-1.jpg
"Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness."-Yousuf Karsh

www.danielchappellphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Daniel,
    I really like these photos. they are very relaxing to look at. I think you did a really good job. BTW, I tried to look at your site and for some reason the URL isn't working....
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    qsjewl wrote:
    Daniel,
    I really like these photos. they are very relaxing to look at. I think you did a really good job. BTW, I tried to look at your site and for some reason the URL isn't working....

it is www.danielchappellphotography.com I guess the link is broke..but typing it should work..i'll try and fix it. thank you for your comment, I am glad you like them

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    So I have been seeing so much HDR lately I downloaded photomatix and gave it a whirl. I know there is a way to do HDR where they still look realistic, but to me these kind of look fantasy. I think it would be neat to do a series of obviously fantasy images. I am going to work on it.:ivar

Photomatix is an awesome program, but like all things, somethings look good and others dont put through the program.

I like the realistic look myself, but when you do a search and see the images some folks have created I like the fantasy look as well.

You'll have a ball messing around with the Program, the first two look a little dark to me........ I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your creations.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    here is my very poor $.02....

1. Great use of HDR for creating a fairly realistic interpretation of a nearly impossible to photograph condition. I agree with Skip that the foreground (trees and grass) could possibly use some more lightening. A curves adjustment using a layer mask to paint with light would help bring out the detail.

2. Just doesn't do anything for me. It looks like it had to much HDR to realistic but not enough to pull it into a cool fantasy shot.

3. Beautiful photo. Need to level the horizon before the whole thing slides of the left edge of the image.
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Crop the first one to get rid of the distracting area of water in the bottom-right corner.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    Crop the first one to get rid of the distracting area of water in the bottom-right corner.

thank you for all your comments