Options

Can I have your opinion, please

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited July 15, 2008 in Technique
about these photos I took a couple of days ago ?:D
Thank you.
This is an old factory where they used to manufacture cork, closed and abandoned many years ago.

I read in a book which title is "Higher A historic race to the sky and the making of a city" by Neal Bascomb offered by Ryan the Justiceiro when he visited me some months ago when he dinned grilled fish with my wife and myself, that cork from Portugal has been used in the construction of the Chrisler Building.
Probably from this very same factory. Who knows ? :dunno

I was in fact having fun with my full frame camera with the 16-35 lens:rofl
1. 320545755_rW34G-M.jpg
2. 320347467_3XCnp-M-1.jpg
3. 320550070_mCkRB-M.jpg
4. 320522585_fC5Sa-M.jpg
5. 320530451_CwwLH-L.jpg
6. 320541856_Sfqte-L.jpg
7. 320552914_7V3Gr-L.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited June 26, 2008
    Very interesting building, Antonio.

Your color balance seems very good, and I see very little distortion with your very wide angle lens also. This is your new 5D, right?

Nicely done.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    All colors and contrast and all look fine on my monitor.....however it would have been less strain on my eyes if there had been at least a single space between each photo (2 spaces would have been fantastic tho):D:D:Dthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    Very interesting building, Antonio.

Your color balance seems very good, and I see very little distortion with your very wide angle lens also. This is your new 5D, right?

Nicely done.thumb.gif

Thank you Jim.
    I have corrected perspective a bit and I have straighten the vertical lines.
    They were shot with the 5D, yes.
    bowdown.gifDthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    All colors and contrast and all look fine on my monitor.....however it would have been less strain on my eyes if there had been at least a single space between each photo (2 spaces would have been fantastic tho):D:D:Dthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

bowdown.gif Scott.
    Is the space between photos better now ?
    :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    It looks like you had a good time! There are a lot of photo ops in that old factory. WOW!

The photos look great the way you have them. The lens you bought did a fine job. And between that and your making some adjustments there's very little distortion in this set.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    It looks like you had a good time! There are a lot of photo ops in that old factory. WOW!

The photos look great the way you have them. The lens you bought did a fine job. And between that and your making some adjustments there's very little distortion in this set.

Linda. Thank you for your comments. :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Very nice :D

I really like the lines in #6 and the different elements in #4 thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    Very nice :D

I really like the lines in #6 and the different elements in #4 thumb.gif

:D:D thumb.gif
    Have a nice week end. :D
  • Options
    DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    My favourite is the second to last one, very nice textures and lines. But the real question is: where is it and can I get inside ? :D
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    :D:D thumb.gif
    Have a nice week end. :D

You to Antonio thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2008
    Davidoff wrote:
    My favourite is the second to last one, very nice textures and lines. But the real question is: where is it and can I get inside ? :D

Thank you Daniel. :D

I am sorry but you can't go inside. I mean, you are not supposed to go inside unless I take you in undercover ...rolleyes1.gif

Why ? Because this is inside the Town Hall where I am working and the access is restricted as you may imagine.

Drop me a PM when you wish and can come. :D

thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2008
    Thank you Daniel. :D

I am sorry but you can't go inside. I mean, you are not supposed to go inside unless I take you in undercover ...rolleyes1.gif

Why ? Because this is inside the Town Hall where I am working and the access is restricted as you may imagine.

Drop me a PM when you wish and can come. :D

thumb.gif

Actually, it's David.

Sure, I understand, I'll send that pm when I feel like going there, thanks ! :D
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2008
    Davidoff wrote:
    Actually, it's David.

Sure, I understand, I'll send that pm when I feel like going there, thanks ! :D

Where did I get that Daniel from ? ne_nau.gif
    :bash :bash
    :D Bom fim de semana. Saúde :D
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2008
    Ah, no problem.

Bom fim de semana também :D
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    I've had to come back to these a couple of times to be able to actually feel how I feel about these photos. It was not something that came to me right a way.

I think I like #5 and #6 the best of the group and it's the lines.

In #5 it's the pipes (or whatever they are) and the parallel lines they make. The geometry of the image. Not too sure about the arrow sign on the floor though.

In #6 it's the lines "disappearing" to the vanishing point. Were I there I would have been strongly tempted to make the image from a number of different locations, in addition to where you made this one. The position that first came to mind would have been a little lower and little more to the right.

Like other's have said, the lines, the color, the contrast; they all come together to make some quite powerful images. Well done, indeed! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    Hello Scott. :D
    Nice of you to comment my pictures.bowdown.gif
    I hope to be able to shoot again the same place and I will give a try the way you pointed out.
    In this permisses - if I may say so of this place - there are other places more powerfull in machines which will be very nice to capture with the 16 mm and the 5D.
    I have done it before but not in a so dramatic way that we can get by the use of the 16mm in a full frame camera. I was then using the 20D.
    Here are two pictures I shot with the 16-35 and the 20D.

257271461_DPQWa-M-2.jpg
    258210174_QdG3K-L-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    Just took a look at your last two posted photos. I like the first one thumb.gif

But the second one....I don't know why, but my eyes always follow down the walkway to the white wall and I see two broken out pieces of the wall and a pipe. Looks like a face to me headscratch.gif

I would love to take photos in there. It would be so much fun. Just playing with the light that comes through the windows can last all day rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    Just took a look at your last two posted photos. I like the first one thumb.gif

But the second one....I don't know why, but my eyes always follow down the walkway to the white wall and I see two broken out pieces of the wall and a pipe. Looks like a face to me headscratch.gif

I would love to take photos in there. It would be so much fun. Just playing with the light that comes through the windows can last all day rolleyes1.gif

Thank you for the comment. :D
    In fact, I thing the first photo will be more dramatic if shot with a real 16mm.
    Indeed, we can see a face at the wall. I had not seen it ! :D
    :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2008
    Today I have there again.
    :Dbowdown.gif