Options

Locking down a category question

Bassett1976Bassett1976 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 27, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to lock down a specific category on my smugmug page. When a person clicks on the category it will prompt the password. Then they can see all of the individual galleries inside of the category. It would allow me to place one sections for a person to find my family pictures and not need to have the direct links to each gallery.

Thanks!
bassett1976.smugmug.com
www.fitmet.com

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Is there a way to lock down a specific category on my smugmug page. When a person clicks on the category it will prompt the password. Then they can see all of the individual galleries inside of the category. It would allow me to place one sections for a person to find my family pictures and not need to have the direct links to each gallery.

Thanks!

There is no way that I know of to do this. Categories can't have passwords.

What I do instead is create a category and then give every gallery in that category the same password. All viewers will be able to go into the category and see the list of galleries, but only someone with the password can open the galleries. When a viewer with the passwords opens one gallery by supplying the proper password, they will be able to open all the other galleries without re-entering the password. Once you've entered the password, Smugmug will let you into any other galleries with the same password without prompting again.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Bassett1976Bassett1976 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    There is no way that I know of to do this. Categories can't have passwords.

What I do instead is create a category and then give every gallery in that category the same password. All viewers will be able to go into the category and see the list of galleries, but only someone with the password can open the galleries. When a viewer with the passwords opens one gallery by supplying the proper password, they will be able to open all the other galleries without re-entering the password. Once you've entered the password, Smugmug will let you into any other galleries with the same password without prompting again.

Thank you, I shall try to set this up!
    bassett1976.smugmug.com
    www.fitmet.com