Same Joke?

tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited June 27, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Different Chicken??

I cannot decide which one of these I like better. There is a "village" park in our town, which the chickens and roosters basically rule. It has become a "protected animal" in this 2 mile area. (kind of funny, but true) You are not allowed to harm the chickens. They cross the streets, walk around the walk ways in front of stores, sit on the benches. Anyways...

320776964_cfZiQ-M.jpg

Or

320777323_mcM9J-M.jpg
**Taking the moments one shot at a time**
~Working with my Nikon D80~
<My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>

Comments

• tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Or

get away from the whole "joke" cliche' and use this one?

320777001_A3S88-M.jpg
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Great idea -- chicken crossing the road. thumb.gif

But what I would suggest is putting a little more of the road in the photos so the observer would get the joke. Right now the two chicken photos look like well...chicken photos, period.

The rooster is gorgeous. Is there any way you can reshoot this fellow and get a closeup of the feathers or a head shot? The texture and color of his feathers are astounding and can be brought out more. mwink.gif

You definitely have something good going on here!
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Catch one using the crosswalk with vehicles waiting in the background. Do a composite, which might be easier than waiting for the scene to occur naturally.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    Great idea -- chicken crossing the road. thumb.gif

But what I would suggest is putting a little more of the road in the photos so the observer would get the joke. Right now the two chicken photos look like well...chicken photos, period.

The rooster is gorgeous. Is there any way you can reshoot this fellow and get a closeup of the feathers or a head shot? The texture and color of his feathers are astounding and can be brought out more. mwink.gif

You definitely have something good going on here!

I can try to go back and get it again. There are about 100 of these guys and gals running around. Like they were just beggin to be photographed. lol
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    I think you should Photoshop little boots on the first two or Business suits or something and make cards out of them..lol nice shots!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    I vote number two after some sharpening.
    rolleyes1.gif put clothes on them... ahahaha
    The third guy should be in military dress, standing guard.