eos 30d shutter priority

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited June 28, 2008 in Cameras
i want to experiment in shutter priority mode to learn my eos 30d.possibly land scapes.any advise?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited June 27, 2008
    i want to experiment in shutter priority mode to learn my eos 30d.possibly land scapes.any advise?

Feel free to experiment, but I'm not sure about any correlation between shutter priority and landscapes?

Shutter priority tries to maintain a constant shutter through varying lighting and exposure situations. Generally, this is something you would do for a sports situation, for instance, where a rather high shutter speed might be required as the subject moves through varying light.

Please review your user manual for another description of the different modes.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    I hardly use it, I use AV and M mostly.. Never seen a reason for TV unless i was gonna shoot alot of shots i wanted to "stop" action with..

Try it out, it might be something you like.... different modes for different folks!!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 27, 2008
    I don't use it much either. I have used it when doing panning shots in which I want a blurred background and sometimes when shooting birds with a telephoto to keep the shutter fast enough. For landscapes, about the only use I can think of would be to force a long exposure for dreamy moving water, but you would probably also need an ND filter as well. But for daylight, outdoor shooting, I rarely switch out of aperture priority mode.
  • yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    thanks gentlmen