Mosport - NASCAR, Grand Am, etc

Option1Option1 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited June 27, 2008 in Sports
Mosport hosted the Father's Day Double Header meeting on 14-15 June. In truth, it was more like a quadruple header with the Candian Tire Nascar Series, Grand Am Koni Challenge, Mustang Challenge/Miller Cup and Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship all coming to town.

A storm built up during the NASCAR Dickies 200 race on the Sunday:
nascar71_DSC4230.jpg

But, they ran in the rain:
nascar23_DSC4362.jpg

The Grand Am Koni Challenge raced on the Saturday:
ga5_DSC3488.jpg

After an accident in Sunday's Mustang Challenge race, they put down wayyyyy too much quick dry and then went rallying instead of racing:
mustang92-54_DSC4066.jpg

While the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship ran races on both days:
cctcc64_DSC4662.jpg

Although Nicholas Krikorian may have watched the Mustang race and thought rallying his Subaru was a fine idea:
cctcc-nicholas_DSC_6928.jpg

The rest of the jillion images were whittled down to those that are possibly fit for human eyes and are at: http://www.competitionimages.com/mosport_14-15jun08.html
Hope you enjoy them. C&C is very welcome indeed!
Thanks
Neil
:: Sports: CompetitionImages.com :: Words: Blog :: Nature: www.motifwebs.com ::

Comments

• xendless xurbiaxendless xurbia Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Hey Neil,

Yours truly from you know where here. Just gotta tell ya, you did an amazing job of taking these pictures. Captured the action perfectly!

I especially liked the 23 NASCAR...

23 = lucky number
    Tim Hortons = my crutch!

Jason
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Very nice work, Neil, I really like these.
    Option1 wrote:
    But, they ran in the rain:
    nascar23_DSC4362.jpg
    I see they crash in the rain too :D
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    I actualy kinda like the wide pano, it's a shame you couldn't have got the entire bottom loop of the track in the frame (where they're coming from and going to..)

Andrew :)
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• Option1Option1 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Thanks Jason!

Looks to me like #23 tried to cut in at the Timmy's drive thru.

Neil
    Hey Neil,

Yours truly from you know where here. Just gotta tell ya, you did an amazing job of taking these pictures. Captured the action perfectly!

I especially liked the 23 NASCAR...

23 = lucky number
    Tim Hortons = my crutch!

Jason
    edited June 27, 2008
    moose135 wrote:
    Very nice work, Neil, I really like these.

I see they crash in the rain too :D
    Thanks Moose!

As for the crashing, while I was a little bit surprised to see them switch to wets and keep racing in the rain (after a LOONNGG safety car period), I wasn't so surprised to see a few of 'em start coming around with similarly rearranged bodywork. Hence, the point of the image. :D

Thanks again.

Neil
    edited June 27, 2008
    maczippy wrote:
    I actualy kinda like the wide pano, it's a shame you couldn't have got the entire bottom loop of the track in the frame (where they're coming from and going to..)

Andrew :)

Thanks Andrew. I like the wide shots and, of course, I have no hesitation in acknowledging that I got the idea for such shots from you. One day I'll get one as good as the many you've posted and in the meantime I'll keep working on improving at 'em. :D

As for the cut off of the hairpin sides, as I said at the other place - that was an unfortunate effect of the 15mm of the Sigma 15-30mm not being quite wide enough and me not being able to move back any further without obstructions (i.e. the sheep fencing I was shooting through) appearing in shot.

Neil