Options

Protect and watermark all images in all galleries

StephaniespixStephaniespix Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited June 27, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I set up a new default in my gallery customization page, labelled it and set apply to all galleries. Unfortunately it defaulted to smugmug's and cleared protection and watermarks - how do I reapply the protection and watermarking without individually setting, since that did not work earlier?

Stephanie

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Hi Stephanie! It sounds like you were trying to set up a Quick Setting for the Gallery. You can go into Customize Gallery, set it how you would like and save it as a new Quick Setting. Then click on "Apply to Other Galleries", click "select all", select your new Quick Settings from the drop down menu and click on apply. If this does not work for you you can contact the SmugMug help desk by going here http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Make sure you include your site name when contacting support so we can help you faster.

Hope this helps!

Nick
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi Stephanie! It sounds like you were trying to set up a Quick Setting for the Gallery. You can go into Customize Gallery, set it how you would like and save it as a new Quick Setting. Then click on "Apply to Other Galleries", click "select all", select your new Quick Settings from the drop down menu and click on apply. If this does not work for you you can contact the SmugMug help desk by going here http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Make sure you include your site name when contacting support so we can help you faster.

Hope this helps!

Nick
    SmugMug Support Hero

does this move galleries into different cat/sub-cat or does it ONLY adjust other settings like style,protection,watermark?

Is there anyway to bulk move galleries to a NEW cat/sub-cat without doing it one by one?

thanks!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    does this move galleries into different cat/sub-cat or does it ONLY adjust other settings like style,protection,watermark?

Is there anyway to bulk move galleries to a NEW cat/sub-cat without doing it one by one?

thanks!
    It faily quick using SmugBrower. Just right click each gallery in the tree. Don't
    have to go into each gallery customize page that way.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    It faily quick using SmugBrower. Just right click each gallery in the tree. Don't
    have to go into each gallery customize page that way.

I jsut got smugbrowser:) so, I still have to do it one at a time but instead of going into customize (Which can take forever one at a time!) I can just do it from smugbrowser? sorry if I am dense with this!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    I jsut got smugbrowser:) so, I still have to do it one at a time but instead of going into customize (Which can take forever one at a time!) I can just do it from smugbrowser? sorry if I am dense with this!

Go to the category level, right click, select Bulk Update and apply your changes and it will get everything in that category (changing only the parameters you ask for).

Go to the top level and apply your changes and it will get everything in the account.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    Most of the settings can be done at the cat or sub-cat level and apply to all
    galleries under it but for changing the category or sub-cat for a gallery has to
    be done to each gallery. Ran into this the other day. Still much quicker then
    going the customize galley for each.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog