Options

Bulk settings question...or maybe a bug??

swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited June 27, 2008 in SmugMug Support
ok, so I am in the process of trying to re-work the organization structure of my smugmug galleries. I have evolved over the years since I started a few years ago and I am hoping to clean it up a bit.

However, it will take me forever to do it one at a time. The big things I want to change are where certain galleries are located ie under what cat and sub-cat.

Now, I have tried the bulk settings option that I recently located and even saved a few new ones with the updated structure and other settings but it seems that even when I apply that new saved setting to multiple galleries all that changes are some settings NOT the cat/sub-cat which is one of the most important things to me right now.

I understand from reading various pages this evening that I can do this is smugbrowser and I did install it in Flock browser and ask a question there but from what I gather that will let me bulk settings but not the cat/sub-cat thing.

Is this a bug? (it not saving the cat/sub-cat settings within a saved setting)

Am I crazy?
Am I doing something wrong in the bulk settings stuff?

Is this even an option I have or do I have to do it one by one?

I tried to find a recent thread regarding this issue but most of what I read was about a year old or so so I thought I would start something new here.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited June 27, 2008
    It takes very little time to move galleries to different categories/subcategories using SmugBrowser. You will need to touch each gallery individually, but it is a very quick touch. Just right-click on a gallery in the tree, click properties, and on the first tab of the window that pops up adjust the category and subcategory as desired. Then move on to the next one.
    In fact, this is the same answer you got from Allen a bit earlier tonight - http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=860068&postcount=4.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    It takes very little time to move galleries to different categories/subcategories using SmugBrowser. You will need to touch each gallery individually, but it is a very quick touch. Just right-click on a gallery in the tree, click properties, and on the first tab of the window that pops up adjust the category and subcategory as desired. Then move on to the next one.
    In fact, this is the same answer you got from Allen a bit earlier tonight - http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=860068&postcount=4.
    --- Denise

Thanks. I have just started doing that and do see it is much quicker and do-able. I was about to come here and say that lol.

I guess my big question though is still if the bulk settings feature within smugmug should be doing this too because it is one of the settings I save or if it just ignores that info when it is saved.

thanks for your help!! I was just getting confused b/c some people were saying you could do it from the bulk (which I see you cant' but I can at least do all the other settings so that is good!)

Thanks!!!