3453592-M.jpg
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    How 'bout this???

3453592-M.jpg
    I like it!

If I win the lotto, I would love to have a DC-3. One of the great "Queens of the Sky."

Here is a different version that I like a little better....

3465074-M.jpg

Unfortunately, I have forgotten how I processed this one! CRS is my life!

Hutch
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    I have a project that I would like any of you to try. This is a picture taken last fall on a motorcycle trip to the Oregon Coast. This DC-3 resides at the Tillamook Air Museum. The museum is located in an old blimp hanger that was built during WWII and housed blimps used for coastal patrols.

The project - Make this picture look like it was taken during the late 30s. I have tried several different ways to "age" it and have not been completely happy with the results.

831449-L-1.jpg

Take your best shot!

Hutch

Here's my quick attempt.
    Done by sampling a 1931 photo of my Dad and his Father... Converting to a tri-tone...
    ginette

My latest........

3443687-L.jpg

I cloned the lady out.
    I selected a new adjustment layer - Channel Mixer.
    Selected monochrome and played with the sliders until I got the desired intensity.
    Added a fill layer with a dark brown fill at about 16% opacity.
    Placed it in the frame.

This one is better than before, but I would like some other ideas. I'm not getting the results I want from black and white.

Hutch

Here's my attempt. I got this one by sampling a 1933 photo of my DaD and his Father...

I remain,
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    Here's my attempt. I got this one by sampling a 1933 photo of my DaD and his Father...

I remain,
    ginette

Weird that it spaced my comment like it did.... But the photo was a 1933 not 1931, (like anyone cares....) and it was converted to a tritone after sampling was done....
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."