Options

Formating difficulty for Sony 707

KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited June 29, 2008 in Accessories
I have been playing around with the IR feature of an old Sony 707. I purchased a 512 MB memory stick non pro as a back up to the old 126MB. However, the camera will not format this card. I suspect the memory on the new card is too large. Any suggestions. Yes, I'm looking for an non pro 126 now. :-)
May have two 512 up on the flea market soon :D
Bob

Comments

• Options
    edited June 28, 2008
    Thanks Seymore. I have found some in China. Not too expensive even with shipping. May do that.
    The IF works pretty well, but can't stop the lens down.
    Thinking of a little manual lens work in this area. I think my Nikor 50 1.4 has a IF mark for infinity.
    Bob
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited June 28, 2008
    KA0TVO wrote:
    Thanks Seymore. I have found some in China. Not too expensive even with shipping. May do that.

Do be careful, some of those Chinese memory cards are not what they seem to be.
    KA0TVO wrote:
    ... The IF works pretty well, but can't stop the lens down.
    Thinking of a little manual lens work in this area. I think my Nikor 50 1.4 has a IF mark for infinity.

I don't follow your thought. Will you be using the Nikkor 50mm, f1.4 on the Sony DSC-F707?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    I still have a working F707 which I use for IR and Seymore is right, it can only handle 128MB memory sticks.

For stopping down, I use ND2 and ND8 filters with an r72 filter to cut out the colour spectrum.
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    Sorry Ziggy for the jump in topic. I know Seymore is a fan of older manual focus lenses and also a collector of fine Nikon equipment.
    So without thinking I just spun off on a new topic ne_nau.gif
    So no I'm not using a Nikor on the sony, hummm headscratch.gif wonder if it can be done :D
    With regard to the Nikor I have mounted it on my 20D. I have an old Nikon F series with several lenses that I use.
    Bob
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited June 29, 2008
    KA0TVO wrote:
    ... using a Nikor on the sony, hummm headscratch.gif wonder if it can be done :D
    With regard to the Nikor I have mounted it on my 20D. I have an old Nikon F series with several lenses that I use.

You might be able to reverse-mount the Nikon onto the Sony digicam and use it as a very tight macro.

There have been a few brave souls that took older P&S cameras and mounted SLR lenses onto the body (after removing the old/original lens) with (sometimes) interesting results.

The original Nikon F Photomic nearly stole my heart away when it was first introduced. Fortunately, I didn't have enough money then and I stayed with my Pentax system. (It just made my life easier making the decision not having the money. mwink.gif)

Nikon F series cameras are still very desirable film cameras. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums