Options

Arrange photos page not working right

rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited July 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Yesterday my "Arrange Photos" section in my galleries has a new look. Is this correct? Anyone else have this? I have to scroll up and down to rearrange photos now. To be honest I can't remember how it used to look but I know it was not like this.

Also, the photos are consistently out of order in the rows and it is happening with every photo upload to any gallery. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

321533056_LGYB4-L.jpg
Rich

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    Mine also looks like this as well (Firefox 3 on Windows XP Home.)

Previously the selector box was to the left of the photos...
  • Options
    harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    Mine also looks like this as well (Firefox 3 on Windows XP Home.)

Previously the selector box was to the left of the photos...

yep same here - I've seen some really weird page renderings with Firefox - bit never here.. I've had to give up trying to arrange the pics.

Have tested with Safari and its doing the same thing.

Mac OSX Lepoard + Firefox 3.0/Safari.
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    FYI - I did receive a reply from support that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.
    Rich
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    rkw624 wrote:
    FYI - I did receive a reply from support that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.
    15524779-Ti.gif Message has been set to the engineers. Hope to have it fixed soon....
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Just want to add that the "problem" appeared on my site yesterday and when it was still here today I decided my first shop should be here.

Yay!! I found out quickly that

1. I'm not alone.

2. It is being worked on.

Love this forum. Thanks to all of you who make is possible.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Any news on the fix for this?
    Rich
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Anxiously waiting for a fix on this it. It's driving me crazy. The scrolling up and down the page multiple times just to move one photo is insane. eek7.gif Every time I hit the arrow key to move a photo, the page jumps back down the bottom, then I have to scroll back up to the arrow keys, hit the arrow and the page jumps back down to the bottom, repeat, repeat...
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    OffTopic wrote:
    Anxiously waiting for a fix on this it. It's driving me crazy. The scrolling up and down the page multiple times just to move one photo is insane. eek7.gif Every time I hit the arrow key to move a photo, the page jumps back down the bottom, then I have to scroll back up to the arrow keys, hit the arrow and the page jumps back down to the bottom, repeat, repeat...

Click,scroll,click,scroll,click,scroll.............I am starting to suffer from APCTS (Arrange Photo Carpal Tunnel Syndrome). Please help!
    Rich
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    rkw624 wrote:
    Click,scroll,click,scroll,click,scroll.............I am starting to suffer from APCTS (Arrange Photo Carpal Tunnel Syndrome). Please help!

Just use the arrow keys on the keyboard. No need to use the arrows on the screen.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Just use the arrow keys on the keyboard. No need to use the arrows on the screen.
    Or use the drag n drop photos tool thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    jfriend wrote:

Thanks for the tip!
    Rich
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Or use the drag n drop photos tool thumb.gif

On a single page I usually use that. A whole galley was frustrating. Never knew I could use the arrow keys!
    Rich
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    rkw624 wrote:
    On a single page I usually use that. A whole galley was frustrating. Never knew I could use the arrow keys!

Sometimes it works well to switch to the all thumbs view (all thumbs on screen at once) and then use the drag/drop arrange mode there for the whole gallery. When done, switch back to Smugmug view.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Sometimes it works well to switch to the all thumbs view (all thumbs on screen at once) and then use the drag/drop arrange mode there for the whole gallery. When done, switch back to Smugmug view.

Thank you for the tip.
    Rich
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I am using the drag to arrange function right now, but it is clumsy to me. I really like the tried and true way of old, but having to scroll up and down is time consuming espeically when rearranging many photos.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    I see the arrange photos problem has been corrected. Thank you very much!
    Rich
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    Arrange not fixed
    The toolbar may have been put back on the side where it should be, but the problem of using "descending with sort off" is still there. It keeps scrambling all my pictures and this has been going on for a very long time.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com