Dance Floor Snapshots

OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in People
Last week at a local music hall I was taking most of my pictures of the band, then I saw this couple on the dance floor that looked very much in love.

I think I may have captured a moment...

317000563_HjkPZ-L-1.jpg

317000185_gaqyg-L-1.jpg
Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.

Comments

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

ISO - 3200
    F - 1.8
    1/250 sec

The lighting was very low.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    That first one is a winner. clap.gif I bet it would really rock as a B&W - the grit of the noise would make it shine!!

In the future, if you want to reduce the noise a touch, think about maybe a much slower shutter speed (in the range of 1/60) to allow for a better ISO. In that kind of a dance, they aren't moving very fast at all and the 1/60 will be more than sufficient to stop the motion.
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Scott,

Thanks for your comments. I had not even thought about a B&W conversion. Great Idea. Thanks also for the tips on the shutter speed. Like I said, I had been shooting the band at those settings and when I started shooting this couple, I just did a quick chimp to see if I had enough light, and just kept shooting. I'll remember your tip about slower shutter speed = less noise. I knew low iso = less noise, but was unaware of the other. Thanks.

It was Tinsley Ellis on stage that night. If you like Blues, he is highly recommended.
    http://EDH.smugmug.com/gallery/5234978_4NbS2/1/318048199_uimkb
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    OhEddie wrote:
    Scott,

Thanks for your comments. I had not even thought about a B&W conversion. Great Idea. Thanks also for the tips on the shutter speed. Like I said, I had been shooting the band at those settings and when I started shooting this couple, I just did a quick chimp to see if I had enough light, and just kept shooting. I'll remember your tip about slower shutter speed = less noise. I knew low iso = less noise, but was unaware of the other. Thanks.

It was Tinsley Ellis on stage that night. If you like Blues, he is highly recommended.
    http://EDH.smugmug.com/gallery/5234978_4NbS2/1/318048199_uimkb

No, I intended to say, slower shutter speeds allow you to use lower ISO. It's the lower ISO that can help reduce the noise level in the photo.
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    I too believe #1 is a winner,
    I think the noise works, but that you could indeed move to 1/125 @1600
    maybe a slightly tighter crop

related to the ss and noise I know it's been clarified already but, if you go too slow over 1 second it'll start creating noise.