Options

Not right-click protected, after all?

NanditaNandita Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited June 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When you go to my site www.candidglimpses.smugmug.com or www.candidglimpses.com the pictures are right-click protected just like I want them.

But I just googled myself and found this link.
http://www.candidglimpses.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nicknameRecentPhotos&Data=candidglimpses&format=rss200

It has some (not all) of the pictures from my site and they are NOT right-click protected. What is this and how can it be fixed to protect my images?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    That's the RSS feed - an automated listing of updated photos.

Unfortunately, I don't think that RSS feeds can be right-click protected (the protection uses Javascript, and I'm pretty sure that web browsers don't apply javascript to RSS feed pages).

That being said, the feed only includes the thumbnails of your photos, so the worst damage that could occur is that a 150x150-pixel image escapes
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited June 29, 2008
    Nandita wrote:
    It has some (not all) of the pictures from my site and they are NOT right-click protected. What is this and how can it be fixed to protect my images?
    In addition to what PBolchover said, you should be aware that if you show your photos outside of SmugMug (as in you use an img src statement to show a photo in a blog or somewhere else), right-click protection is not in effect.

Right-click protect is only active within SmugMug and within your SmugMug galleries. To provide more protection for your photos, apply a watermark to them. Or don't allow access from outside of smug.

--- Denise