Pond Lilly and Insect

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in Holy Macro
I took a few shots this afternoon of my pond. I did a double stack on the water lilly and you will see some ghosting on the lefty side of the bottom petal. What tool do I use in CS3 to remove it.
Also can anyone tell me what kind of insect this is which was jumping from the lilly leaves into the water.
Regards
Bob

322059913_RfKrR-L.jpg
322059814_YymRH-L.jpg

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited June 29, 2008
    very good bob, nice shots.
    good stack.
    it is a pond skater, i have tried to shoot them with no luck.
    use the clone stamp tool with a soft edge, lower opacity and flow rate sliders on top bar. i use at 70% for both.
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    very good bob, nice shots.
    good stack.
    it is a pond skater, i have tried to shoot them with no luck.
    use the clone stamp tool with a soft edge, lower opacity and flow rate sliders on top bar. i use at 70% for both.
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

Thanks Phil I will give it a go.
    Regards
    Bob
    edited June 29, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks Phil I will give it a go.
    Regards
    Bob

I have done another stack of the water lilly and it has got rid of the ghosting on the bottom petal.

322212424_7So8x-L.jpg
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited June 29, 2008
    left side better bob, but you have got some ghosting on 2 petals left of centre.
    getting better with practise. quite a hard subject to stack i think.
    phil
    edited June 29, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    left side better bob, but you have got some ghosting on 2 petals left of centre.
    getting better with practise. quite a hard subject to stack i think.
    phil

Yes you are right PHil now you have pointed it out. I had a practice with clone stamp but I was having difficulty getting the arrow in the correct place after Alt and click. I think it needs a wee bit of practice too.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Lovely shots Bob, - does take a while to get used to the clone and healing/repair tools in PS. Rather than using the cloning tool I often use the repair tool from the original pic onto the stacked pic to get rid of halos - find it easier to use.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I took a few shots this afternoon of my pond. I did a double stack on the water lilly and you will see some ghosting on the lefty side of the bottom petal. What tool do I use in CS3 to remove it.
    Also can anyone tell me what kind of insect this is which was jumping from the lilly leaves into the water.
    Regards
    Bob

Sorry Bob, can't find your bug in my book.

That's such a pretty Lilly, I see the ghosting, and also your second edit on this shot.

I haven't taken any photos in ages Bob, with the reno's still not finished
    ( why is it that when you order tiles and they say they will be here in a week, 6 weeks goes by?.... how many weeks in a week I ask? headscratch.gif
    It's Winter here now, cold, windy, we even got rain whoohooo clap.gif
    Dark in the morning, dark around 5pm ... so besides spending heaps of time at work, time and daylight are just not on my side.

Hope you can figure out that stacking on this Lilly, it's such a pretty shot.
    Don't give up Bob thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited July 1, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Sorry Bob, can't find your bug in my book.

That's such a pretty Lilly, I see the ghosting, and also your second edit on this shot.

I haven't taken any photos in ages Bob, with the reno's still not finished
    ( why is it that when you order tiles and they say they will be here in a week, 6 weeks goes by?.... how many weeks in a week I ask? headscratch.gif
    It's Winter here now, cold, windy, we even got rain whoohooo clap.gif
    Dark in the morning, dark around 5pm ... so besides spending heaps of time at work, time and daylight are just not on my side.

Hope you can figure out that stacking on this Lilly, it's such a pretty shot.
    Don't give up Bob thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Thanks Maxine,
    Hope your tiles arrive shorty and your weather turns to sunshine soon and you are able to take some photos which you are sooooo good at. I keep trying this stacking procedure and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I will certainly keep trying as I don't give in that easy as you well know.
    Regards
    Bob
    edited July 1, 2008
    Lovely shots Bob, - does take a while to get used to the clone and healing/repair tools in PS. Rather than using the cloning tool I often use the repair tool from the original pic onto the stacked pic to get rid of halos - find it easier to use.
    Brian V.

Thanks a lot Brian. However, I have looked for the repair tool on CS3. I have put my curser over all the wee icons on the left side but cannot find one that says 'Repair'
    Regards
    Bob