Need soccer photos

J-N DesignJ-N Design Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited July 2, 2008 in Sports
Hello everyone,

I need a favor. I'm working on a production of Maybe Baby, It's You at Okoboji Summer Theatre. And there is a scene where a grandfather and his ex wife watches their grandson play soccer. We are looking for royality free photos of youth soccer to use as projections in the show. If any of you have a couple that you would like to share that would be great. You can email me at

jndesigners AT gmail.com

Thank you

Jonathan

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Many people (particularly sports photographers) will be wondering so i will ask on my & their behalf...why do you not wish to pay for the photos ? Is it for a charity ? Is it a free production for people to see ?
  • J-N DesignJ-N Design Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Many people (particularly sports photographers) will be wondering so i will ask on my & their behalf...why do you not wish to pay for the photos ? Is it for a charity ? Is it a free production for people to see ?

We are a small summer stock theatre company (non profit) run by Stephen's College. We can't offer money beacuse we run on a very tight budget. If the photographers are local (Okiboji, IA) I could get a pair of comps for the show. We open this tuesday and run thru sunday.
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    why on earth would you type your email address like that?
    Well I did a quick look, I have nothing that I can donate,
    RF means that in the technical world and, for me, the image would either need to have no recognizable faces, logos or other intellectual property, or I would need releases for any such instances. Even if you didn't attach that title to it, It'd be inadvisable for me to give you photographs to use in that scenario without proper permission.
    Sort of a tall request
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    why on earth would you type your email address like that?
    So as to stop spam bots collecting it.
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    gus wrote:
    So as to stop spam bots collecting it.

Oh!
    another bit of information I could have used yesterday. :D

I keep saying why am I getting this stupid email, just when I thought I was up on things.

I do think the name spambot sounds cool though.

Thank you for the info, and the lesson
  • J-N DesignJ-N Design Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thanks for looking. We were able to find some photographs to use. The show is now open. I was just stuck in a strange town and had no idea where to get what the director was looking for.