Options

Barns...

Lil_tLil_t Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
edited July 2, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I don't know why, but I love old buildings and barns. I guess, in my mind, they have so much to say.

Here is one of my favourites.

309299450_SgCVR-M.jpg

C&C welcome.

Lil_t
I'm an opportunist, not a photographer.

Comments

• Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Very nicely done, through the fence really added another dimension to an already great shot.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    Lil_tLil_t Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Thanks
    Thanks. I really liked this one, and the sepia setting really brought it together in my mind.
    I'm an opportunist, not a photographer.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Lil_t wrote:
    I don't know why, but I love old buildings and barns. I guess, in my mind, they have so much to say.

Here is one of my favourites.
    C&C welcome.

Lil_t

Hi Lil_t, I love those old barnes and buildings too.
    The more untouched they are on open lands the more I like them.

I sometimes wonder why they were let to get in such disrepair in the first place ne_nau.gif thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    I also like old buildings and barns. I snapped an old Texas barn a while back and my aunt loved it so much she put a big print of it in her kitchen! Like you said, those old buildings have something to tell us. In fact, I really like the small group of flowers in the foreground of your shot--I think it says that even though the building may be empty, it still has life left in it!

Very nice shot--look forward to seeing more of your work.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    You did a really good job on this. I think you set it up well through the fence. Good choice in doing that thumb.gif
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Very nice! I too, am enamored by such images of old structures, not to mention almost anything old and abandoned one finds along the roads and rural byways. For me they speak of the past, of lives lived, loves gained and lost and progression of our ancestors and history thru the ages. Each has a story to tell, if one is only willing to stop and listen for a while.
    I haven’t tried any of my B&W conversions using sepia, but it certainly does compliment the texture of the buildings wooden facade, I may have give it a shot myself.clap.gifclap.gif

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D