Few

evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in People
Haven't been touched up. Shot these a lil over a week ago. Probably repost a few after retouch.

318236943_VHQko-L.jpg

318312353_ULCiA-L.jpg

318313162_Cy2es-L-1.jpg

318226457_BcKnW-L-1.jpg

318306934_RdhsM-L-1.jpg

318231707_CsdXF-L-1.jpg
C&C welcome before hand.
Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com

Comments

• qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    I really like #4 and #5
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Good shootin'!
    C&C welcome before hand.

Ask and thou shalt receive! deal.gifmwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

1. Nice job with what seems to be an onboard flash only! She quite a character!
    Full frontal position is known to be one of the least favorable for female bodies (unless they have a100% hourglass figure).
    The bright white part of the dress creates a big and rather unwanted distraction. I would either include it (full body shot) all or cropped it out completely.

2. Nice natural lighting!
    I have a gut feeling that this is not the best angle for her, but I have been wrong before... Parts of the face seems to be a bit too hot, but my work monitor is not calibrated, so it could be me..

3. Great expression, awesome capture! unusual lighting (gold reflector below?)
    WB seems off ("nukular" skin), lower part of the face is way hot..

4. This one I just plain like, even though it seem a bit overexposed.

5, 6. Another very nice ones, although same "gold reflector" induced problems as in #3.

All in all - great series, and most of the issues are fixable in post.thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Thanks qsjewl! 4 is fighting to be my favorite of the series.

Thanks, Nik! Hehe, I was caught in one of your situations where I had to deal with certain unchangable issues and just deal. With the sun dipping in and out of clouds and it being (2:30pm) that didn't help. I mainly went to make sure I captured detail in the faces that I would be able to work with later.
    I'd have to agree with you on all of them though some of the issues were unchangable or on purpose.
    #1 I agree about the white and full frontal. She had a ton of personality and loved to play for the camera so much so that a couple buttons popped open. The flash in #1 was a beauty dish type ring flash.
    I wanted her face so I went for overexposure on 4.
    The reflector is a long rectangle and actually positioned beside her but the tilt and catchlight make it look like it's below her. If it had been my decision, I would have offered white reflector/diffuser, but I didn't bring my 5-in-1 cuz I already had too much stuff to carry for a street shoot.
    I'll check out the WB and hot spots as I work on them but 2 does not look hot on my monitor as compared to say #3.

Thanks again!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Very nice set. Bet it was fun.

#1. She is pretty and has an unusual face. Looks to be fun and onery! I would clone out the top left corner when you process for re-post.

#2. Very pretty girl and I like the lighting.

#3. A pretty lady and with great teeth ..:D This one seems bright on my monitor.

#4. Great job on this one. There is something about it that makes it seem -not a picture- but a real little person in my monitor. ( Don't really know who to explain what I'm seeing headscratch.gif ) but it stands apart.

#5. This one seems bright on my monitor also but I like the expression in her eyes.

#6. I like this one too. Very soft and naturally happy.

Good job on all.

Blessings,
    LadyTX
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thanks for the comments/compliments ladytx! It was fun and a learning experience. I got way too many headshots from them. I'll be working on them testing out my PSE skills over the next few days. thumb.gif

dak.smugmug.com