Options

Anyone else have problems with FF3?

marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I upload a gallery and then try to go to that gallery, and NO CAN DO in Firefox 3. Just spins and does not ever load. Even if I quit and restart FF3. Switch to Safari and no problems loading the gallery:dunno .

Makes no difference what gallery. Happens in all of them.

I have switched back to Safari for this reason alone.

Support wanted me to post to see if others are experiencing anything like this with FF3?

Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    marieboyer wrote:
    I upload

Marie, specifically, which uploader are you using? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Marie, specifically, which uploader are you using? ear.gif

It does this with my iPhoto to Smugmug, Aperture to Smugmug, and the Smugmug drag and drop uploader (not sure of name).

Latest was with my iPhoto uploader. I could not access the gallery at all from FF3, but no problem at all with Safari.

Very strange.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    marieboyer wrote:
    It does this with my iPhoto to Smugmug, Aperture to Smugmug, and the Smugmug drag and drop uploader (not sure of name).

Latest was with my iPhoto uploader. I could not access the gallery at all from FF3, but no problem at all with Safari.

Very strange.
    Try the Simple Uploader (first on the lis of in-gallery uploaders) and let us know?
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Try the Simple Uploader (first on the lis of in-gallery uploaders) and let us know?

"Simple" is in fact the one I have used to upload my video clips. I always upload bulk photos with an export plug-in. It is after a bulk upload that I get the problem. (Problem the same whether Aperture or iPhoto.)

I will say that, the same gallery will load fine in FF3 if I wait quite awhile before trying to view the photos. Like go to bed and wake up the next day, no problem with FF3. The problem seems to be immediately after a bulk upload.
  • Options
    FuzzytekFuzzytek Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    I love using Firefox, but it seems that my site runs very slow through it. At times I'll enter a gallery and have no photos load at all. Not even a processing wheel at the top left. Perhaps it is a matter of having over 1,000 galleries. Inform me if that's the case.

My other gripe is the simple uploader. When I use IE7 it will process 3 photos at a time. Using FF I get one at a time. headscratch.gif

I should note that I'm a Windows XP user, as it would appear Marie is using a Mac
    Stephen Boyle - Fuzzytek Photography, LLC
    Capturing and creating fashion, film, festivals around Detroit
    Wordpress-ed Fuzzytek