Teens and younger ones...CC please

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in People
we had our family reunion from my mom's side. It was so great to see all my cousins, aunts and uncles.
This is the group shot
1 322424453_3EgKb-L.jpg
Now for my nieces and nephew
2 322439027_WThxh-L.jpg
3 322435461_viY7c-L.jpg
4 322430654_8zstD-L.jpg
This is my youngest in front of the church doors
5 322425123_DAA79-L.jpg
Little miss "E"
6 322421490_asbjc-L.jpg

Comments

• beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    I like #2 a lot, the BG really works for me with the depth and what not, nice comp and angle, placement of the skateboard coulda been either a little more subtle or a little more involved but I like the fact that it's there. Looks like a promo for an after school special, very well done.
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    The last one is one of the best baby photos ive seen...Amazing!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    #1 - Did you, by any chance, shoot RAW or make multiple (bracketed) exposures? This one is blown out just a bit. For reference, the priest's shirt is gray in the shot when it should be black. There' no detail in the white/light shirts of many of the people. Aside from that, I think you did a decent job getting everyone on the photo. There's on face hidden by shadow, but that's because he's wearing a ball cap and the bill of the cap is shading his face.

#2 - Nice. The skateboard really says something about him.

#3 - Not liking this pose too much. Looking up someone's nose is not my idea of flattering. That having been said, the light is good, though the shirt is a touch blown on her shoulders.

#4 - Much better pose and the light is much better controlled. A little hot spot on her nose, but that's a minor nit. Well done!

#5 - This is cute and the composition is very, very nice!

#6 - This is just too cute for words. I don't have the tools available to me right now, but I would be interested in testing the WB on this one - it looks a little warm to me and, maybe, a little too much magenta in the skin?
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    #1 AND #5 are overexposed, they washed out with all the white tshirts! The three close up portraits are gorgeous. There seems to be a vignette on them all which I like. I also like how they are head and upper body instead of a floating head and a pair os shoulders.
    Nice choice of bg too.
    The floor in the last one reflected a lot of yellow on the baby... not sure how you can correct that without making her green.headscratch.gif
    Great pics overall and thanks for posting!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Nice set Julie and I agree mostly with Scott's comments. If you bracketed the group shot, it could be vastly improved. I like the skateboard shot a lot. The angle you shot from is really great and the tilt is very subtle and not over done. The skateboard is cool. I don't like #3, not flattering at all. #4 is cute in spite of sun spots which could be fixed. #4 is cute and nicely composed. #5 is too cute for words! This is one of those shots that (if you have Photoshop) cleans up fairly well with auto-levels.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    The floor in the last one reflected a lot of yellow on the baby... not sure how you can correct that without making her green.headscratch.gif
    A trick I've learned:

Take that photo into ACR (or similar), use the WB picker (or whatever that thing is called) and sample either the whites of her eyes or the white bands on her shirt. I would start with her eyes. This will get you REALLY close. Then just tweak the temperature and tint to taste.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    A trick I've learned:

Take that photo into ACR (or similar), use the WB picker (or whatever that thing is called) and sample either the whites of her eyes or the white bands on her shirt. I would start with her eyes. This will get you REALLY close. Then just tweak the temperature and tint to taste.

Ditto the above...

and...these are outstanding Julie!!!