With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound

achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Shot at a Blue Oyster Cult concert saturday night, best idea for scaled I can come up with right now. What do you think? (Still editing pictures this might not be the final image, just a concept idea.)

322676829_92YWV-L.jpg
Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."

Comments

• pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Alan,

I like the shot - very nice. That said I think that a stronger shot would be a much closer image of the hands on the guitar neck or fret board - more abstract like.

Just my 2 centavos.

Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Alan,

I like the shot - very nice. That said I think that a stronger shot would be a much closer image of the hands on the guitar neck or fret board - more abstract like.

Just my 2 centavos.

Cheers/Peter
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Don't have anything that close, might be able to crop though.

They didn't have a photographers pit in front of the stage, my frontal shots had to be from the crowd. It was come down from the wings, fight through the crowd and shoot, I've got a few good ones of peoples cell phones:D . I couldn't seem to get closer than about 15 feet, the crowd was packed too tight that close up. The longest lens I brought was 50mm, not quite long enough from that distance.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."