Pyro's tries

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you guys think?

Title: Plumage on the water (or a branch on a blue civic)
Feathered1.jpg

Title: Flora Imitating Fauna
Feathered2.jpg

Title: Dragon Fruit
Scaled2.jpg

Title: Dragon Fruit (closeup)
Scaled1.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Which one 13 votes

Plumage on the water (or a branch on a blue civic)
46% 6 votes
Flora Imitating Fauna
23% 3 votes
Dragon Fruit
0% 0 votes
Dragon Fruit closeup
7% 1 vote
Try again later
23% 3 votes

Comments

• achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    We're supposed to pick?:D
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
    edited June 30, 2008
    Ok, I'm torn between 1 & 4. #1 might be better with a curved branch (think S curve) and a tighter crop. #4, I'm not sure what feels wrong but the concept is solid.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
    edited June 30, 2008
    Figured it out, the grass to the left is too strong. Maybe some kind of tilt-shift effect to soften the grass?
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    headscratch.gif Hmmm....there's already a fir tree twig entered so you may want to consider leaning toward one of the dragon fruit shots. But I love #1, though. What a great idea to use a car as a backdrop! thumb.gif If it weren't for the shadow it would look like a feather floating in the sky. mwink.gifdeal.gif

The way you've composed the dragon fruit shots, the grass and the dragon fruit compete too much with each other. ne_nau.gif Have you tried any macro shots of the dragon fruit ?

Of all of them, I think #1 has the most potential.
  • KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    #1 looks the strongest to me ... wonderful color and I really like the composition. Gives me some ideas for a shot or two on the Daily community :)