Options

What once was a nice park :(

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I went up to the place i used to spend my youngest years at today..NOT a pretty sight. This place once was a nice park with animals, exotic reptiles, exotic birds etc etc. And they had a huge wooden fortress for the kids to play at. It was a great place for parents to take there kids to. Well not anymore!
For some reason the town didn´t have money enough to hold this place together. So they sold it and the new owners do nothing to keep this place look..Well at least not like a place where you dump your garbage at.

It sort of hurts me to see this place just die. I know there are many places like this around the globe and it is just a shame.

322770974_ECTQD-XL.jpg

322771643_9od2p-XL.jpg

322773496_NCH9c-XL.jpg

322772592_un3xE-XL.jpg

I put my name on the pics just because i am going to send em to the local paper. C&C and share a thought :D

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    I went up to the place i used to spend my youngest years at today..NOT a pretty sight. This place once was a nice park with animals, exotic reptiles, exotic birds etc etc. And they had a huge wooden fortress for the kids to play at. It was a great place for parents to take there kids to. Well not anymore!
    For some reason the town didn´t have money enough to hold this place together. So they sold it and the new owners do nothing to keep this place look..Well at least not like a place where you dump your garbage at.

It sort of hurts me to see this place just die. I know there are many places like this around the globe and it is just a shame.

I put my name on the pics just because i am going to send em to the local paper. C&C and share a thought :D

It a shame to see these things go to ruin.
    We used to have a running railway service from Geelong to Drysdale then to Queenscliff but they shut the main line down from Geelong and now the train only runs on weekends and school holidays between Drysdale and Queenscliff.......... I wish they had it running all the way back to Geelong again, I'm sure lots of folks who now live in these coastal towns would use it as a means of transport rather than use their cars.

Sometimes changes are not always good things ne_nau.gif

Least you have good childhood memories of what the place looked like in it's early days ... good luck with your story and pictures Arvan thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    The exposures on these are just spot on to my eye - interesting material as well. I really enjoyed number one - great composition and very nice subject matter.....also a nice dramatic sky in that one as well.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw