Options

A few from Las Vegas

jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited July 1, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
(I debated between posting this here or in the Journey's forum, but since these don't really have a story to go with them, I felt this forum was better).

I recently went to Las Vegas on a business trip. I've been a few times before, but this was my first time going since picking up photography as a hobby so I was pretty excited this time. The trip definitely did not live up to my expectations though. I was busy, sick, and tired most of the time. So I didn't take many pictures. When I did take pictures I was mostly disappointed in the results. I got a few good ones though. Here are my 3 favorite:

322408784_SMYjB-M.jpg
The fountain at Paris.

322277638_RN9qE-M.jpg
One of the entrances to Caesars Palace. This is an HDR.

322279061_g95AB-M.jpg
Neptune fountain at the Forum Shops. HDR again.

A few more shots here.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    jpl wrote:
    (I debated between posting this here or in the Journey's forum, but since these don't really have a story to go with them, I felt this forum was better).

I recently went to Las Vegas on a business trip. I've been a few times before, but this was my first time going since picking up photography as a hobby so I was pretty excited this time. The trip definitely did not live up to my expectations though. I was busy, sick, and tired most of the time. So I didn't take many pictures. When I did take pictures I was mostly disappointed in the results. I got a few good ones though. Here are my 3 favorite:

The fountain at Paris.
    One of the entrances to Caesars Palace. This is an HDR.
    Neptune fountain at the Forum Shops. HDR again.
    A few more shots here.

Thanks for looking!

Hi there jpl, your HDR's look good, I would not have guessed they were HDR.

Love the fountain at PARIS .... Vagas is quite an amazing place to visit.
    I'm not into gambling, but I love looking around the place.
    People are fascinating to watch..... plenty of eye candy with all the displays and lights and buildings around Vegas too.

Nice shots JPL thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Well these three are quite good actually - I too love Vegas from a people watching, photography standpoint rather than a throwing my money down the tube standpoint.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Really like # 2. I've got to learn HDR thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there jpl, your HDR's look good, I would not have guessed they were HDR.
    dlplumer wrote:
    Really like # 2. I've got to learn HDR
    I just compared these HDR versions to the 0 EV source images and they aren't really that different. The colors "pop" more and there is more definition in the shadows and highlights. I could have probably achieved the similar final image just playing with the vibrance slider in Lightroom.

People in Las Vegas are definitely interesting. It gets even more interesting after 3AM which is when the 2 night shots here were taken. I'd like to get into street photography more but I'm still too timid. I saw plenty of hookers, drunk young men and women, plain old fashion drunks, etc. that could have made some great environmental portraits if I had the courage to actually take their picture.