My first "model" shoot

erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited July 1, 2008 in People
This is my lovely wife who, bless her heart, humors my by commin along whenever I have another "idea" Would love your thoughts!

Comments

• BLUEThunderBLUEThunder Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    erson83 wrote:
    Would love your thoughts!

:D WOW! What a beautiful wifey you have there! I have ALWAYS been a sucker for red hair and freckles! mwink.gif

She looks very elegant in the pic and I love the "peacefulness" of the moment. She looks very relaxed and confident.

I am no pro or anything but I think that is a wonderful shot. The light looks good. clap.gif

Good job, of course a good subject always makes it easier....
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    nice lighting and nice model! My nit picks would be the sharp shadow on the wall...either have the model stand further from the wall or diffuse the light or put the lught source further away.

As a personal preference I would have liked to see some bokeh in the background and maybe tighter crop on her lovely face.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    My thougths - FWIW
    15524779-Ti.gif - lovely lady - you are blessed!

As for the photo, most of these are nit:
    • To avoid the side shadows try to get the flash above the lens. You can do this by shooting with the camera in landscape orientation and then cropping to portrait or you can get a flash bracket and off-shoe cord.
    • Move your subject a bit away from the background to help throw it out-of-focus (OOF). This will help the viewer focus their attention on the intended subject and not on the background.
    • Shoot with a larger aperture as well. This was shot at f/7.1 and 51mm - makes for a quite large DOF. Opening the lens will decrease the DOF and offer the opportunity for lower ISO and faster shutter speed, if needed.
    • Photographing people square on to the camera is usually not as flattering as, for example, turning their body slightly away from the camera. Turning a bit has a slimming effect - though your wife certainly doens't share that problem with me:D
    • I do like the expression - very quiet
    • The cropping of the photo is done well, the effect on her left arm is a technique for slimming those that need that sort of help. Not needed here, but the crop does add a touch of tension (at least for me).
    • Would love to see another image, a tighter composition on her beautiful face and eyes!