Options

Just got an i9000 for a great price

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited August 3, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I've been wanting to get a nice printer for a long time. I know the economics of printing at home don't make sense but it is something I want to give a try. Local camera shop is offering the i9000 at $469, and then there is the $100 Canon rebate to be had! None in stock, but I put a deposit down and should hear shortly that one has arrived. Drooooool!!!

ann

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited July 10, 2008
    Well? ear.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    Well? ear.gif

Picking it up tomorrow......
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Ann:

Not to rain on your parade, but I'd love to hear back from you in about six months.

My Canon printer (i9100?) is sitting in the basement right now because I got so tired of clogged nozzles. Everytime I fired it up, I was either dealing with clogged nozzles or a cartridge that needed refilling. I refill my own carts, but it sure got to be a pain, and though I LOVE seeing a print fresh off the printer, I now use SM when I need prints.

I'm still waiting for the day when there's a pro-level, wide format printer that doesn't clog!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Congrats on the printer! I used to have Epson printers, but we always got a lot of clogging with them. Since I purchased the Canon "i" printers, Pixma, I've had much more luck with not having clogging. I refill my cartridges and can usually refill them from 4 to 6 times before I give up and put a new one in. The ink IS expensive, but it's such fun to be able to print your own photos right away.

Hope you have fun with it.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    Thanks Pete and Dee

I had clogged nozzles with my Epson too. i thought Canon's were better in that department. Hmmmmmm. Well, we will see I guess. I am just terrible about printing anything, and hope printing my own might change that.

ann
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    I've been using the i9900 for over a year now and never had a clogged nozzle. Its a vast improvement in that area over my previous Epsons.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2008
    344419564_yesQi-M.jpg

Well, believe it or not I finally set it up. Just ran a test print and I clearly need to calibrate. However, it also has horizontal lines whole length of the print. I hope this is not typical, because if it is it will go back....

344422568_wit5b-M.jpg