Future Model

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited April 18, 2005 in People
My daughter was trying out her new gown. She is going to be a flower girl in a wedding in a few weeks. Couldn't resist posting.
19794456-L.jpg
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    How did you get her
    to sit still where you wanted her?

Great photo, excellent background and exposure too! Of course, she's adorable.
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    to sit still where you wanted her?

Great photo, excellent background and exposure too! Of course, she's adorable.
    Thanks. I have a whole CF card of baby in motion...rolleyes1.gif.

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Beautiful shot. I love your B&W treatment here. I know I've asked before, but can you tell me about the lighting for this one?

mitch
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Beautiful shot. I love your B&W treatment here. I know I've asked before, but can you tell me about the lighting for this one?

mitch
    Thanks Mitchell. This was shot with an octobox to the right (main light) and a softbox to the left (fill light). The lights are only 2-3 feet away from the subject (notice the large catchlights). This gives a very soft light, with smooth shadow transitions. I should have used an overhead "hairlight" to get some more light on the hair. I recovered some of the detail with highlights/shadows, but it is no substitute for a good hair light. I like to use the medium softbox , straight over head. The background is a black muslin. It is about five feet behind and drapes down under the subject. I try to light the subject so that the background stays near pure black with no detail. Sometimes I use the RAW converter to adjust the black point. Thanks for looking.

You can get nearly the same effect with one light and a reflector, which makes for a much simpler setup.

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Great work, Thomas!
    Esp. takin into consideration all the difficulties!
    Yuri
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Beautiful Thomas!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 18, 2005
    Very nice Thomas thumb.gifthumb.gif

She's adorable. What expressive eyes she has :D The Bride better watch out or this little one may steal the show....lol

Great lighting clap.gifclap.gif I also like the B&W treatment clap.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero