Melisha

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in People
Meet Melisha, I have shot her with Kirsten . Shot in natural light :)

mel01s.jpg

mel02s.jpg

mel03s.jpg

mel04s.jpg

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    I like the 1st two. Very vribrant and well composed. The 3rd one is good as well except the for the shadows around the eyes...great color though. The 4th doesn't do it for me at all.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    I like all 4. Colors are great!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

I really like the last one - but I like really tight portraits! Well done - for whatever my vote might be worth.:D
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I like them. Love the bright colors in these.
    Jaye
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    thanks all!!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Great series! thumb.gif
    Very colorful! Nice model, too! clap.gif

I think the last one can be a bit improved by dimming the highlights and softening/fixing the skin. I'm not talking "going barbie", but the side lighting is known to emphasize every tiny bump (think moon terminator! deal.gif ), so you hotta be very carefull, especially on the closeups.

I also have a gut feeling the WB is a bit on a cold/bluish side (except #2), unless she has an exteremely pale skin (yet again, #2 looks normal) . I don't have a PS here at work at the time, so I can't check the numbers. It's also possible that you did that on purpose (or had it as a side effect) when you cranked the vibrance/saturation/contrast up.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Loved the first one, great beautiful eyes!!!
    thanks for sharing.

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    The first one screams Little Purple Riding Hood and I just adore her eyes and make up. I like the lighting and the graffiti wall, too.
    I have a feeling all the impurities on her forehead and cheeks could be touched up and make the picture less, "too close" and "old looking."
    She looks stressed out in the last one.

Very awesome colours! Punchy and dramatic!

#3 LUV! the fabric. The pattern the fade dye. OMG, beautiful.
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    The first one screams Little Purple Riding Hood and I just adore her eyes and make up. I like the lighting and the graffiti wall, too.
    I have a feeling all the impurities on her forehead and cheeks could be touched up and make the picture less, "too close" and "old looking."
    She looks stressed out in the last one.

Very awesome colours! Punchy and dramatic!

#3 LUV! the fabric. The pattern the fade dye. OMG, beautiful.

she was a little stressed out, it was around 10:30 in the morning and she had an exam at 12pm! lol

i agree, i coulda edited the 'impurities' on her forehead.. but lazy me, just ignored it.. lol
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    rhommel wrote:
    she was a little stressed out, it was around 10:30 in the morning and she had an exam at 12pm! lol
    i agree, i coulda edited the 'impurities' on her forehead.. but lazy me, just ignored it.. lol
    No worries. Maybe she's facing the big bad wolf in the last one. "Grandma, what big eyes you have!"
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    evoryware wrote:

These colors are amazing, they have a fantastic pop. Love the crops.