A joy of Father

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in People
When i was returning back from Darawar Fort i board a van, later this man with his family board the van and sat infront of me. They were typical villagers. I aimed my camera to this man and his son guy smiled and started to prepare his son for picture. The turban shows dignity of a man quite common in villages especially.

322984766_dYXsj-L.jpg

As you can see light was from back Photoshoped to bring light back on face. Nifty fifty and 400D
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    nice capture
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    kudos
    I admire your eye. Your shots are well composed and I always feel attached to the moment. It's people like you that prove it doesn't take a $5k camera to capture life. Keep it up, I look forward to your future posts.
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Just an excellent photograph - well done and thanks for posting it.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Dmanning wrote:
    I admire your eye. Your shots are well composed and I always feel attached to the moment. It's people like you that prove it doesn't take a $5k camera to capture life. Keep it up, I look forward to your future posts.
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    What stories that face tells thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Thanks all for looking thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    bowdown.gif

Love your candid portraits Awais. Very impressive as always. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited July 1, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    bowdown.gif

Love your candid portraits Awais. Very impressive as always. thumb.gif

Thank you Aaron thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Awais,

I love your story telling images.

You said, "The turban shows dignity of a man ..." Can you tell us more about that? Is it the fact he is wearing a turban, rather than no turban, do the colors have meaning, or the way he wraps it? Any specific meanings in such?
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Awais!
    As always, your portrait has 'Awais sign' - naturalness.
    Very good work, my friend!
    Yuri
    edited July 2, 2008
    Awais,

I love your story telling images.

You said, "The turban shows dignity of a man ..." Can you tell us more about that? Is it the fact he is wearing a turban, rather than no turban, do the colors have meaning, or the way he wraps it? Any specific meanings in such?

Turban or head covering what ever it is cap, hat etc is very respectful thing considered. Colors are important but white color is commonly used and men love to wear it, Islam also encourage to wear white as it shows simplicity. Don't confuse Islam with the people of the country the culture of the region is still dominant on the people as this is fact of the world.

Bright and shocking colors are worn by women.

If you see photos in this gallery you will notice a lot men wearing the turban or head is covered mostly with white. This particular turban that guy is wearing with red textures is some what popular in religious segment.

Here are two in different styles one is my friend who requested to wear the turban from village boy
    249793749_kc5uy-S.jpg249911513_hWtT6-S.jpg

My Gallery
    edited July 2, 2008
    As always, your portrait has 'Awais sign' - naturalness.
    Very good work, my friend!
    Yuri

Thank you Master thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thanks for the info, it is very informative.

Checking your link, I do love tent pegging images. I find them quite often on another forum. I love the colors and action.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
    edited July 2, 2008
    Where do we sign up for one of those Smug Mug Turbans? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    edited July 2, 2008
    Thanks for the info, it is very informative.

Checking your link, I do love tent pegging images. I find them quite often on another forum. I love the colors and action.

Thank you Howard it was great to shoot the event regardless of small focal length of the lens, but dangerous too !

My Gallery
    edited July 2, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Where do we sign up for one of those Smug Mug Turbans? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

eek7.gif That will be crazy cool !! mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I really like this picture. You can see the pride in his face. The gentleness and the tender love he has for his son. Great colour and composition. Very sharp. I need a 50!!

I also have a question, I looked at the turban link gallery and all the horses and colours nad people. All very sharp and wonderful frames. What lens did you use? The pics are incredible btw. Also, a stupid question: does the height of the turban mean anything?
    edited July 2, 2008
    I really like this picture. You can see the pride in his face. The gentleness and the tender love he has for his son. Great colour and composition. Very sharp. I need a 50!!

I also have a question, I looked at the turban link gallery and all the horses and colours nad people. All very sharp and wonderful frames. What lens did you use? The pics are incredible btw. Also, a stupid question: does the height of the turban mean anything?

thanks for taking interest ! Most were shot with 18-55 kit lens and 50mm 1.8, few were with 17-85 IS but they are only 2 or 3.

Hight of turban it could be just a style and it could be proudness depending on the person.

See this guy his turban mustaches do you get something from it ? This guy is something like Sultan of his area ! he can afford air conditioned truck for his horses. A very influential guy and i have heard he is very proud too. He also appears on programs of international channels related to culture.

264197745_ZHPKG-S.jpg

My Gallery
    edited July 2, 2008
    eek7.gif
    thanks for taking interest ! Most were shot with 18-55 kit lens and 50mm 1.8, few were with 17-85 IS but they are only 2 or 3.
    See this guy his turban mustaches do you get something from it ?
    264197745_ZHPKG-S.jpg
    eek7.gif That's the lens that I have. I have a Nikkor 18-55mm. I'm doing something wrong. I don't get such clean and clear shots. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I need to leanr more about my camera and get mucho better.
    That's the guy I was referring to, rolleyes1.gif , he does look like a sultan. I more or less noted him for having a matching fabric and pattern in his dress and turban as well as his blue eyes. He's a snappy dresser and sounds like he can afford to be!
    I'll have to run around with my camera and kit lens some more and see if I can get as nice of pictures as you... I hope:D .
    I think I commented on one of your wedding galleries not so long ago. wave.gif Nice to see you here!
    It was a traditional wedding with henna on the hands and a lot of red and beads, it was sulbimely gorgeous and lush. I wanted to be there.
    edited July 2, 2008
    eek7.gif
    eek7.gif That's the lens that I have. I have a Nikkor 18-55mm. I'm doing something wrong. I don't get such clean and clear shots. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I need to leanr more about my camera and get mucho better.
    That's the guy I was referring to, rolleyes1.gif , he does look like a sultan. I more or less noted him for having a matching fabric and pattern in his dress and turban as well as his blue eyes. He's a snappy dresser and sounds like he can afford to be!
    I'll have to run around with my camera and kit lens some more and see if I can get as nice of pictures as you... I hope:D .
    I think I commented on one of your wedding galleries not so long ago. wave.gif Nice to see you here!
    It was a traditional wedding with henna on the hands and a lot of red and beads, it was sulbimely gorgeous and lush. I wanted to be there.

Thank you kit lens is great i printed 24x30 looks great even cropped the image. I am happy with the results i get, I always shoot f/5.6 at 18mm and f8 or f11 at 55mm. Built quality and focusing are at lower side but still focusing is far better then PS cams :D

Ahan i can remember that marriage, marriages are great fun to attend you are always welcome here when ever you want thumb.gif

My Gallery
    edited July 2, 2008
    Just to clarify, Awais is using a Canon Kit Lens. cmorgan is using a Nikon lens. :D
    edited July 2, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Just to clarify, Awais is using a Canon Kit Lens. cmorgan is using a Nikon lens. :D

Thanks !
    i think i should put gear info in signature mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • akrabakrab Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Wonderful! I really enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing your lovely photos!
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Awais,

not only are your pictures inspirational to me but for so many here on this forum. Thank you for continually showing us your vision and talent trough your eyes and camerabowdown.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
    edited July 2, 2008
    Money barely lets me get out of this city, much less across a sea. :cry
    I'll have to try those f-stops and see what I get. headscratch.gif
    I'm still learning the manual settings but at least all the lingo makes more sense now!rolleyes1.gif I've been getting some support locally and I'll have my first art show in two weeks. !!! :ivar
    I'm glad you are out of your funk. I'll quote a wonderful movie right now, "Smile, and the world simles with you." It's Oldboy, fantastic movie, has nothing to do with optimism, and a lot more to do with torture and j-horror/action.
    edited July 2, 2008
    Money barely lets me get out of this city, much less across a sea. :cry
    I'll have to try those f-stops and see what I get. headscratch.gif
    I'm still learning the manual settings but at least all the lingo makes more sense now!rolleyes1.gif I've been getting some support locally and I'll have my first art show in two weeks. !!! :ivar
    I'm glad you are out of your funk. I'll quote a wonderful movie right now, "Smile, and the world simles with you." It's Oldboy, fantastic movie, has nothing to do with optimism, and a lot more to do with torture and j-horror/action.

I also can hardly go out of town but i have strong belief and desire that i will someday travel beautiful and worse places of this planet. And thanks to Internet and photography that we can see world without spending much clap.gif

kinda avoid horrer movies but i will check that out on your recomandation

My Gallery
    edited July 2, 2008
    akrab wrote:
    Wonderful! I really enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing your lovely photos!
    Thank you i am glad you enjoyed them
    dadwtwins wrote:
    Awais,

not only are your pictures inspirational to me but for so many here on this forum. Thank you for continually showing us your vision and talent trough your eyes and camerabowdown.gif

Thanks for kind words thumb.gif

My Gallery