Pier Portrait

TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in People
So I was wandering around the pier in Cauycos with my Canon taking pictures. Two kids suddenly cried out: "Take our picture!" Before I could figure out why they would want me—a total stranger—to take their photo I said, "Uh, OK."

"Wait!"

They ran down the beach screaming their friend's name. Soon the now group-of-three reappeared and posed.

321675106_Egofu-L.jpg

Cute kids and a great shot. But why in the world did they want me to do this? They didn't even seem that interested in seeing the image on my screen, though I did show it to them and received smiling approval.

Maybe I'm just getting old and forgetting what it's like to be a kid.
"Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 2, 2008
    Nice expressions and good color, but maybe a little centered. I don't much understand why kids want their picture taken either, but it happens to me regularly. I just see it as an opportunity.

Cheers,
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Nice Shot

I have had this happen to me also and I usally give them a card with my name and web site listed. I have give them my e-mail address in the past and told them to e-mail me there address and I would mail them the picture on CD. It cost a little more but hey they did pose for you. It is always fun to take pictures of new faces.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Charming nice clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery