North Shore Sunset Slacker Series Redux

PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
edited July 5, 2008 in Landscapes
So, once again I am in slacker/catch up mode with some of my winter sessions in Keiki Beach in O'ahu . I posted a thread previously
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=96147
highlighting a really good lighting situation, but for whatever reason, I missed this following shot, which I feel was a better representation of what my eye was aiming for.

The funny thing is, I probably took 20 different variations of that sunset and I've noticed that it does get pretty difficult to isolate and choose that shot that seems to draw more than the others in the same set. Anyway, here's the end result and the last of the Slacker series.

Canon 1DsMarkII, 16-35mm at 20mm - f16 @ 1.3 seconds 1.2 reverse grad ND filter.

Thanks for looking! Cheers

317601457_Cnawd-L-4.jpg
Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
Master Of Sushi Noms
Amateur CSS Dork

Comments

• kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    beautiful! clap.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Argh! You keep doing that - making me want to travel someplace warm with beaches. :D

Awesome capture and awesome light. I didn't even notice the shelf of rocks in the center until the third or fourth peek. There's so much to find in your shots, it's almost unreal! thumb.gif
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    WOW! What an awesome image you've captured here. I've been tempted to invest in a reverse grad, and shots like this are more incentive.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Beautiful! Fantastic light, and the motion of the water really adds to it as well.