Bmx

tanyBUGtanyBUG Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited July 2, 2008 in Sports
hi everyone, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone here shoots any BMX? I've shot quite a bit over the past 3 or 4 years and am slowly getting better. Here's a couple BMX event shots, fell free to give feedback or post yours.
n513786674_569633_8729.jpg
n513786674_586448_7202.jpg
n513786674_442462_3601.jpg

Comments

• HockeyFanHockeyFan Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    That 3rd one is particularly nice.
    Canon EOS Rebel XTi (EF 75-300mm, EFS 18-55mm)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/les_stockton/collections/

Earth Home Construction Project Site: Stockton Underground
  • JermbubbaJermbubba Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    nice shots, My only suggestion, get closer, lower, and maybe even a fisheye
  • tanyBUGtanyBUG Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    thanks for the tips! I would love a fisheye, but i have a few oter things on the wishlist first. But I should rent one a couple times.
  • AmateurMXAmateurMX Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I used to shoot some BMX back in the day.

My best advise is get close, get low and get wide.

Always try to do something different when you shoot...look for different angles, try using some off-camera flash...just keep it fresh.

pg_1318782777.jpg

pg_633411723.jpg

pg_1177672472.jpg
    edited July 2, 2008
    wow those are back in the day! haha jk
    Those are pretty rad though!
    I really need to increase me equipment. I dont even have a flash nevermind an "off-camera" one :(:
  • roaming oregonroaming oregon Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Yep- I love shooting BMX. I'm lovin' that old school shot of Fuzzy. I shoot mostly dirt and park- no street and no racing- Sometimes remote flash, sometimes camera mounted, sometimes no flash at all. I like long (even break out the 300!) and wide (14-15.) I love motion and blur.

283995621_aVBHZ-L.jpg

266748697_PzBjo-L.jpg

268131201_rJhJ9-L.jpg

Many others on my site or Liquid-dirt.com, or MOSHPARTS.com

For the O.P.- the first shot has good timing but the angle doesn't do anything. Second shot has good feel but the timing is just a tad off or your buddy didn't stretch it. Third one would be money close, wide and low- but that's just me and people pick apart my crap all the time!
    edited July 2, 2008
    thanks for the input. I need to stop shooting just contests. I cant really get in there as well in a contest situation.
  • roaming oregonroaming oregon Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    tanyBUG wrote:
    thanks for the input. I need to stop shooting just contests. I cant really get in there as well in a contest situation.

That will help for sure. Jams are way more open- being at least acquanted with the better riders helps- paying attention, setting up- then asking for maybe one do over goes a long way. the first shot I took was the second go around. The second and third were just paying attention.

If I am tight with the rider or they are expecting it (as in they are there to get the photos) I might heckle them for a third try just to be sure.