Options

VENDOR: funky camera straps

tanyBUGtanyBUG Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited September 19, 2008 in Flea Market
hey everyone, I make these funky camera straps. Great for a hobbiest who wants to give thier camera a personal touch!
check them out!
http://www.tanybug.etsy.com

il_430xN.30741813.jpg
il_430xN.30255643.jpg
il_430xN.30759879.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JermbubbaJermbubba Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Cool straps. are these covers? or are they part of the orginal straps? if so what kind of straps are they. thanks
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2008
    thanks for the comment! In answer to your question, they are actually niether. They are full custom made straps by me. They have a strong nylon webbing core, covered with the funky fabric you see. And sewn securely into each tappered end is a 3/8" nylon strap with a triglide buckle to form the loop.

There are many more funky patterns available in my shop as well.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Got tie-dye? mwink.gif
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I want a pirate one. Argh!
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2008
    haha sorry no tie dye or pirates, but i will keep that in mind :P
  • Options
    bhowdybhowdy Registered Users Posts: 658 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Tanybug,
    The straps are really cool. You may want to add green and sand colored camo straps, for those that use lens covers, etc.

Nice looking stuff. thumb.gif

Bob
    Maryville, TN.

http://bhowdy.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    bhowdy wrote:
    Tanybug,
    The straps are really cool. You may want to add green and sand colored camo straps, for those that use lens covers, etc.

thanks, i wasn't really sure how much of a market there was for more manly straps, so I am entering that demographic with caution :P
  • Options
    FotoMikeFotoMike Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Cool stuff...You need some manly ones though :D
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 7, 2008
    Hi tanyBug, welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

Great idea for a product, but in exchange for the "Vendor" status here, are you offering some sort of special deal for dgrinners?

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    i honestly have no idea where that vendor status comes from, im just a girl who made some stuff and wanted to show it off if anyone is interested. Please explain if I am missing something.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    tanyBUG wrote:
    i honestly have no idea where that vendor status comes from, im just a girl who made some stuff and wanted to show it off if anyone is interested. Please explain if I am missing something.

that being said though, sure I can offer a discount to people here! I love these boards, I have spent a lot of time looking around here since I found them!

I can offer 15% off regular prices, as listed.
    If you are interested in buying, just make the purchase, and then before making payment, convo me and mention that you found me here on dgrin and I will send you a revised invoice for the discounted price through paypal.

Thanks for looking!
    http://tanybug.etsy.com

edited to remove end date of sale!

edited just to add a couple details.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    tanyBUG wrote:
    No worries, just give our market guidelines a read. Send me a PM if you have any questions.
    Erik

• Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    here's the thing, I looked for guidelines, even now that you've pointed them out i still cant find them except to click your link.

Anyways, you've made me feel like I've done something wrong, I guess I have, unintentionally, my mistake, Please delete as per your rules.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    tanyBUG wrote:
    here's the thing, I looked for guidelines, even now that you've pointed them out i still cant find them except to click your link.
    Again, no worries, you've read them now, so what's the problem? ne_nau.gif

If you wanted to see where the thread lives, it's the 3rd thread, stickied to the first page of the Flea Market forum. Everyone browses differently so I can't know for sure how you're seeing it, but trust me, it's there, in plain sight.
    thumb.gif
    Anyways, you've made me feel like I've done something wrong, I guess I have, unintentionally, my mistake, Please delete as per your rules.
    Why on earth would you think that? Does "no worries" mean something else in your part of the world? :D
    Erik

• Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Again, no worries, you've read them now, so what's the problem? ne_nau.gif

If you wanted to see where the thread lives, it's the 3rd thread, stickied to the first page of the Flea Market forum. Everyone browses differently so I can't know for sure how you're seeing it, but trust me, it's there, in plain sight.
    thumb.gif

Why on earth would you think that? Does "no worries" mean something else in your part of the world? :D
    sorry, really not trying to cause problems, just don;t want to be breaking the rules!
    Thanks for understanding.
    L
  • Options
    tchantchan Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Ordered 2 camera straps, one for me, one for the wife - shipped on Monday, arrived Thursday, pretty quick shipping Canada > NYC. Wife loves her new camera strap - thanks tanybug! Just one little nitpick, if you included a extra plastic tab like the ones that are on the Canon neckstraps to hold the excess strap after adjusting for length so that it's not dangling out it'd be cool, other than that...good stuff!
  • Options
    BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    bhowdy wrote:
    Tanybug,

A camo one would sell and I was actually looking for one! :) Neat idea!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2008
    tchan wrote:
    Ordered 2 camera straps, one for me, one for the wife - shipped on Monday, arrived Thursday, pretty quick shipping Canada > NYC. Wife loves her new camera strap - thanks tanybug! Just one little nitpick, if you included a extra plastic tab like the ones that are on the Canon neckstraps to hold the excess strap after adjusting for length so that it's not dangling out it'd be cool, other than that...good stuff!

thanks tchan, glad you like them, and glad to hear they got there so fast!!
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to mention that I will apply the discount forever and ever to dgrin members. Just follow the directions above for ordering, and also include your username.

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    TheBrokenMarineTheBrokenMarine Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I know that it's been mentioned multiple times but, I wanted to chime in that I would definitely pickup three from you if you produce a unit in camouflage. No matter if woodland or desert...
    Canon EOS40D: Canon 28-135, Quantaray 70-300, Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon 100-400 4.5, Canon 24-105L

Pentax K10D/Pentax istDL: Tamron 70-210, Pentax 100-300, Pentax 18-55, Pentax 28-200, Pentax 28-80

www.sharpshooter-photography.com
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2008
    I know that it's been mentioned multiple times but, I wanted to chime in that I would definitely pickup three from you if you produce a unit in camouflage. No matter if woodland or desert...

Next time I'm at the fabric store I will see what they have in camo. How do you guys feels about digital camo? you know where it's kinda of blocky and digitized looking? I know I have seen a cool fabric in digi-camo.
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Where's my pirate strap!? Make a pirate strap!!