Cumberland, Maryland

Bill_MBill_M Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in Landscapes
My home & a beautiful photography location.

323155264_qHPsW-L.jpg

323165346_dEjjY-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    clap.gif

I have to say that I have been out to the western part of the state many times before but I have never seen it quite portrayed like this. I love it. You have really captured the quiet, small mountain town feel so well and so clearly. I am usually driving through heading somewhere else, but I think the next time I'm out that way I will try to stop for a few minutes and look at the town a little more closely.

Thanks so much for sharing thumb.gif
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Wow, I had no idea someone on here was from around that area! I grew up just up the mountain from there, just south of Grantsville. Next time I'm back in town we should go shooting!
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    LoL, you would be correct! Here is one of them... I didn't have my SLR when I lived there, but I want to take a week during the summer and a week during the winter sometime to go back and drive around shooting. I may be in this winter over Christmas for that season!

54715683_QJJsf-L.jpg
  • JermbubbaJermbubba Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Thats alot of churches ! :)
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    That second shot is great!
  • TooMuchCoffeeTooMuchCoffee Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2008
    Wow! What beautiful shots of Cumberland. I have some wonderful memories of when I lived there. I met my lovely spouse there (she is a Ridgeley girl). I used to be a DJ at various stations over the years there (WTBO, WFRB, WCUM, and WCBC).

I also have a picture of the Casselman bridge I took last November. I'll have to post it here when I get home.

BTW, greetings to all from Colorado! wave.gif