Multnomah Falls

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited July 1, 2008 in Landscapes
I was visiting in Portland this last weekend, I planned to go to the beach for sunset two nights in a row, but the second night was overcast, so I decided to go to the Columbia River Gorge instead.

Multnomah Falls (had to wait about 15 minutes for the wind to die down and for the bridge to be clear of people):

323263160_nf9kW-L.jpg

323261096_kaEBW-L.jpg

Latourell Falls (Believe it or not, I actually didn't boost the saturation, that was the polarizer, I'm still debating whether or not I like it, I think I do):

323252981_bumLa-L.jpg

Comments

• JermbubbaJermbubba Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    wow, I really like #3 . I know it was windy but that one branch on the left is a bit distracting.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    First two seem to be tilting to the left otherwise very nice.

#3 OMG!! That is gorgeous!!

Only issue is some blurring in the branch to the left of the bridge- and the tree to the right above the bridge.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Thanks for the comments!

I agree the moving branches are distracting, but they don't bother me too much in photo #3 since they're not the primary focus of the composition (if the flower was moving in photo #1, for example, that would be a bigger deal).

Waiting for the wind to calm down in the Columbia River Gorge requires more patience than I can usually muster :D