Options

st patrick cathedral NYC

eyusufeyusuf Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
playing with hdr. made out of three shots with -1,0,1 exposures. critiques and comments are most welcome.

322031589_bm5dp-M.jpg

322035786_KfzEz-M.jpg

322036610_tqdoF-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Beautiful i like the 2nd one most
    colors are great on all of them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    fantastic shots here. the architecture is beautiful and you captured it perfectly.
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2008
    fantastic shots here. the architecture is beautiful and you captured it perfectly.

thanks. i wish i had a wide angle lens to capture the inside view more fully.
  • Options
    KennySKennyS Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    thanks. i wish i had a wide angle lens to capture the inside view more fully.
    I was just about to say. Lol. I was there during the Christmas rush (I go every year with the family) and I didn't have a wide enough lens and was pretty sour the whole way home. This year will be different! Nice shooting and rendering!
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2008
    KennyS wrote:
    I was just about to say. Lol. I was there during the Christmas rush (I go every year with the family) and I didn't have a wide enough lens and was pretty sour the whole way home. This year will be different! Nice shooting and rendering!

if you plan to take pictures of the cathedral, go there in the morning when it is not crowded. it was really painful for me to take these pics: people kept going back and forth, make it difficult to take a clean shot without any people in it.
  • Options
    KennySKennyS Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    if you plan to take pictures of the cathedral, go there in the morning when it is not crowded. it was really painful for me to take these pics: people kept going back and forth, make it difficult to take a clean shot without any people in it.
    *whispering* Psst...they're religious, God fearing people...they won't hit back lol.

Good tip, I will definitely do that whenever I drag my lazy arse out of bed early enough to catch the train in.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    playing with hdr. made out of three shots with -1,0,1 exposures. critiques and comments are most welcome.

These came out real ice Eyusuf clap.gif

I like them all but I love the lines and curves in the last shot thumb.gif
    Nice processing ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Some very nice shots.
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
    www.PhotoExpectations.com