AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited July 8, 2008 in People

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Angelo wrote:
    Shannon
    Hey Angelino, long time no pics:-)
    Nice composition, lovely expression, great sepparation from the bg! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Hello nice picture
    I don't know why i feel it resembles to one in your avatar there is something that make me feel like that, pose or something headscratch.gif
    Anyway lovely smile
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 1, 2008
    thanks guys. i appreciate the kind words.
  • qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I really like this pic....it brought a smile to my face immediately. Her happiness is catchy and genuine...great capture!thumb.gif
    edited July 2, 2008
    qsjewl wrote:
    I really like this pic....it brought a smile to my face immediately. Her happiness is catchy and genuine...great capture!thumb.gif

thank you
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Nice capture of eyes and smile and tongue sticking through the teeth!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 2, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Nice capture of eyes and smile and tongue sticking through the teeth!

headscratch.gif

I think she gets that from me

ne_nau.gif

thanks
  • eyeDutcheyeDutch Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    A lovely and spontaneous smile indeed, but I find the lip gloss jumping out too much which isn't really flattering. I'd also use a fill flash, just a tiny bit of it, to make the contrast with the b/g a little less. -- Paul
    edited July 3, 2008
    eyeDutch wrote:
    A lovely and spontaneous smile indeed, but I find the lip gloss jumping out too much which isn't really flattering. I'd also use a fill flash, just a tiny bit of it, to make the contrast with the b/g a little less. -- Paul

ha! try telling a 21 y.o. what to wear or not wear! eek7.gif

thanks for the comment
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Good work
    Angelo

Lovely capture - love the bokeh and emotion. I thought maybe it was your gf...that's your daughter? Very pretty.

I agree a bit of fill would be nice, but, not 100% necessary. It works as is too.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    lovely shot. is it a bit blue, or is that just my bias toward warm coming through?
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Hey Angelo wave.gif

Hey Shannon wave.gif
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    It looks a bit blue to me.headscratch.gif
    You can always tell her that ladies pinch and blot. I like the photo other than the high gloss lips and blue tint. She has a lovely jaw and would catch well with some full profile well lit from the front portraits. Her face shape pulls at her ears but her smile is so warm and full that it all works together.

I've been drawing people for a long time so if you want to know what i'm talking about take a print of a pic of the person you are shootng look for triangles, cirlces, squares, shapes of all sorts on the face. Circles are pool areas for light highlights and will take light well but blow out, triangles will bouce light to the right or left, etc.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    Nice shot...
    Very nice. Next time think about bringing the eyes out more. Here you have no life in them. Nice smiley eyes, but no glitter. The eyes make a world of difference.

Also, your shot looks a little blue with muted skin tones. Like someone said before...a little fill flash will pop the skin and hit the eyes with some sparkle...putting the pop in the shot.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed