AMA MX National at Lakewood CO

AmateurMXAmateurMX Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited July 5, 2008 in Sports
Here are some photos from the first AMA Night National.

Even though it didn't get really dark until the final two motos, it was still a very cool event. Hopefully the AMA will try this out at a few more races.

Lakewood08NF_0031.jpg
Lakewood08NF_0043.jpg
Lakewood08NF_0083.jpg
Lakewood08NF_0174.jpg
Lakewood08NF_0246.jpg
Lakewood08NF_0265.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Superb stuff there mate.thumb.gif #4 is my pick of them but its a close pick.
  • hindsyhindsy Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I like em all! How was the whole "night national" thing. It was a nice watch on TV. Seemed to be a Supercross atmosphere.
    Hindsy's X-treme Photos
    http://www.pymatuningmx.com/index.html :thumb
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    No exif info.. boo!!! ne_nau.gif

Lens? Fill?

No.2 is with the 300 eh?

I think I may shoot too much in portrait mode. I like all of these shots, nicely done.. again. thumb.gif
  • AmateurMXAmateurMX Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    hindsy wrote:
    I like em all! How was the whole "night national" thing. It was a nice watch on TV. Seemed to be a Supercross atmosphere.

Actually, I liked it a lot. The vibe was very good and a lot more spectators showed up than last year.

However, the general concensus among the riders wasn't so favorable. In fact, most of them hated it and thought it was too dangerous.

I think with a little tweaking they could make it a lot better and I hope they keep trying.

It was pretty dark and difficult to shoot though.
  • AmateurMXAmateurMX Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    j-bo wrote:
    No exif info.. boo!!! ne_nau.gif

Lens? Fill?

No.2 is with the 300 eh?

I think I may shoot too much in portrait mode. I like all of these shots, nicely done.. again. thumb.gif

I don't know why there's no exif data. But, numbers 1, 2, 4 & 6 had no flash.

All but the last shot were with a Nikkor 80-200 2.8 and the last one was with a 10.5 Fisheye.

Shot #5 exposure was, I think, ISO 400, 1/50th @ f/5.6 and the flash was a Norman 200C. Other than that, I don't remember...Laughing.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 4, 2008
    Mx
    Great images here A.MX. My favourite here is the first turn in image 4, and the last one of the track. Glad to see the RM at the front of the pack as well.

Pity there is no exif intact....

Thanks for sharing mate,

Sass
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Thanks Chris for the info. Some have full exif..only a couple have limited exif.