Options

Ensared

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited July 2, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This something I wrote this morning to go with a recent picture taken at Edwards Ferry, MD. along the banks of the runny ol' Potomac River, as part of my Images On Words writing/photography project, ( you can see more by visiting my site under the Writings tab) wherein I try to combine images with poetry I have written. Sometimes the image inspires the writing (which is how this project got started) and sometimes something I write provides the impetus to find a fitting image or images as the case may be.
Hopefully this will be acceptable here, i.e. it being a photo site rather than a poetry or writing site, but the two seem to weld so well together ( at least in my mind ) and hopefully, as the images are as much a part of the whole as the writing, it will be received well here. For me, Riding, Writing and Photography have melded themselves into a single unit, each one inspiring, complimenting and supporting the others to form a complete experience and something hopefully worthy of sharing.
If it is felt, however that this is out of the bounds of this site, please let me know.

woodthing-bw.jpg

Ensnared

A poor tortured creature from out of the past;
Rendered in wood as if it might last.
A poor tortured creature mired in ooze,
Fighting a battle it was destined to lose.

Trapped here as if, just for me to discover,
As I wondered along by the brown, muddy river,
While I've rendered this image in tones of dark grey,
‘Nieth these ‘orhanging branches will it forever stay.

© 2008 Jeffry L’H. Tank
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D