324161284_u4Pyv-X2.jpg

Comments

• Bishop GideonBishop Gideon Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    - OR -

324161296_ZHQyA-XL.jpg
    edited July 2, 2008
    I didn't get a chance to put the color one in the "frame"... so just imagine it is. :)

Thanks!
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    i think i like the coloured one better.. the redness of the cheeks and those green eyes deserve to be in color!
    edited July 2, 2008
    rhommel wrote:
    i think i like the coloured one better.. the redness of the cheeks and those green eyes deserve to be in color!

I didn't even realize he had green eyes... I'm partially colorblind so I miss little things like that sometimes.

Thanks! I'll put that one in the "frame" and see how that looks.
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I'd have to say the B&W as it draws me more to the face and expression; while the color is nice in showing the rosey cheeks ( what child doesn't have them? ) it distacts me somewhat, and brings out the spot on the childs shirt and I don't really care about the colors/pattern of the chair which the color highlights more than the B&W. I also find myself more drawn to the eyes in B&W version.

Looking at it from the standpoint of a new parent, however (three times round for me!) I can see that I might prefer the color version, again because of the roseness of the cheeks. Makes one want to reach out and give them a little pinch! Ha Ha!

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    It might be because the images don't fit on my monitor at one time but I feel like I'm too close to him. Was this one cropped and you could allow more space around him?
    I like the b/w just a teeny, tiny, ity bitty bit more. There's a lot of patterns and colours popping and grabbing me every which way in the coloured one and with the b/w I can just relax and look at his eyes and hair. Was thre any pp on this?
    edited July 2, 2008
    General Reply to everyone:

I may do them both and offer them both to the mother to see which one she likes better.

And yes it is a crop from a much larger photo that has everything level instead of being skewed like it is.

I'm going to try to do some work on it tonight to see if I can make it an even better shot. Maybe try and clean up the shirt a little bit, something like that.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I'm going to try to do some work on it tonight to see if I can make it an even better shot. Maybe try and clean up the shirt a little bit, something like that.
    I'd sharpen up the eyes and hair. I like the tilt just would like to see more breathing room. He's got a great smile going on there and twinkle in his eye. :D